Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
Rookie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
Could be, YOU can try switching PCI slots. Try muting your uneeded inputs etc. Make sure your using the newest chipset drivers for your MOBO also.
I have allready switched the slot and it's the same problem there. According to Intels support site I have the latest version of my BIOS. The release is back from the 16/01/2007.
Would it maybe help when i shut down my onboard soundcard? I mean disable it under the bios setup?
By the way.. when i go to Auzen X-Fi properties -> advanced.. what format do i need to take in there?

Kind regards.
Old January 8, 2008, 01:55 PM
Allstar

You can try and Disable the onboard may help.
Old January 8, 2008, 01:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
You can try and Disable the onboard may help.
He'd have to be pretty silly to not have done that!
Old January 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
He'd have to be pretty silly to not have done that!
Well in my opinion not.. because with my previous system (Win XP and Audigy 2ZS) it workded very well. The Audigy was for sound only and my onboard soundcard was for my headset and it worked..
Btw enaberif what is that a way to talk to people !?
Old January 8, 2008, 02:29 PM
Allstar

Not at all. I know many guys that use more then one sound "device" it is actually very common in recording circles. I used two soundcards for quite a while. You can use as many soundcards as you have PCI slot or other inputs.
Old January 8, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeela84 View Post
Well in my opinion not.. because with my previous system (Win XP and Audigy 2ZS) it workded very well. The Audigy was for sound only and my onboard soundcard was for my headset and it worked..
Btw enaberif what is that a way to talk to people !?
If you really took offense to that then you really have other issues no offense. Its pretty common knowledge that windows can sometimes have issues running more than one audio card in a system and it can be a major factor in why people have issues when installing a new sound card into their system.
Old January 17, 2008, 02:49 PM
Rookie

Default Newbie help with the Prelude + z5500

Setup:
Auzen Prelude
z5500 Logitech speakers
Xbox 360

Question:
1. I have the above components. The Prelude came with a TOS cable (and some adapters?). Can I buy a digital coax cable and connect the Prelude's coax out to the z5500 and use the TOS cable to connect the 360 to the z5500. Would this setup work? Any drawbacks (etc) I should be aware of?

2. What are those clear plastic adapters that came with the Prelude used for?

Thank you.
Old January 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
Allstar

1. I don't think it would work in that way because the Prelude doesn't decode surround info. I have never tried it though. You could connet the 360 using optical (right?) and connect the Prelude using analog. You would get better sound quality with analog out opf the Prelude as the DAC's in the Z-5500's aren't a very high quality unit.

2. The adapters are so you can use both Optical cables and Coax cables for digital I/O

Hope that answers your questions...
Old January 18, 2008, 07:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
1. You could connet the 360 using optical (right?) and connect the Prelude using analog.

2. The adapters are so you can use both Optical cables and Coax cables for digital I/O
if i use analog (mini stereo cables right?) with the Prelude, will that give me all the features the soundcard is known for (surround, etc?)

i clipped the adapter on the tos cable...now where does that plug into?
Old January 18, 2008, 07:31 AM
Allstar

Yes, use cables that wll give you all features. For the record though, Dolby DIgital Live will also give you all these features over a digital cable. In most cases the Prelude will give you better sound quality in analog mode then digital because it contains better DAC's then the device your connecting it to. -Unless you have very high end equipment.

With the adpaters, There should be a small rubber peice covering the pointed end if there is remove it. Insert the adapter into the RCA connector either input or output on the card, depending on what you want to do. I just checked and there are small clear plastic/rubber protector on the adapters...they look like a small nub at the pointed end of the adapter peice....remove these. If not you will most likley damage your coax jack and I doubt you will ever be able to use it again. Careful.
PS, it doesn't mention this in the quick start manual either. It shows the adapter peices without the rubber protectors. Hope this helps.