Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2007, 01:01 PM
Rookie

Default Can I connect my 360 to my pc?

This is my first post but I visit to website and forum often but it's not in my nature to post but i have a question that really irate me and i didn't found a good anwser.Maybe you think it's not the right place to post this but i didn't want to write this on a xbox360 forum, the average 360 owners don't know anything about sound card.

ok here my question : Can I connect my 360 to my pc? (i know i just copy and paste my title)

I own the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 and I want to have sound of my 360 in my pc speaker (i want real 5.1 not stereo in all my speaker, it's what I have right now). The klipsch doesn't have an input optical like the logitech z-5500. If this can work, which sound card i need or what I should check on a sound card to know if this is possible. DDL, DTS: Connect ???

If you have test this yourself with a 360 or ps3 or know this can/can't work i'll really appreciate if you say so.

Thank
Old January 7, 2008, 12:55 AM

My System Specs

To get 5.1 sound? Not likely. I don't know of any soundcards that can decode a compressed stream over TOSLINK/Coaxial input. Most only accept a 2-channel PCM stream.
Old January 8, 2008, 09:21 PM
MVP

Easiest way is probably with a digital encoder.

ProMedia DD-5.1
Accessories - Sound Blaster, Portable Media Centers, MP3 Player, Speaker, Storage, Web Cameras

The Klipsch one is discontinued, so you'll likely have better luck looking for the Creative one.
Old January 9, 2008, 10:29 AM
Allstar

The only cheaper cards that can accept a compressed Dolby Digital stream are the Creative Audigy 2 (Value) and certain X-fi's. I am not sure which ones. Then a soundcard for output, that would be how I would do it. Really it would be more hassle then your probably ready for NOT to mention there will be a latency. A imposed delay that will really throw off gaming.
Old January 15, 2008, 01:30 PM
Rookie

Thank all for your answers. Now I know it can't be done

Mars I think the Promedia DD-5.1 would work but not the Creative DTS-610 it just a thing you need to connect your pc speaker to a A/V receiver which i don't have... What i need from Creative is this thing but they don't make it anymore.
Old January 15, 2008, 02:57 PM
Allstar

What about connecting it to a set of PC speaker like the Z-5500's they have a digital input and are about 500watts so they should rock you very good for the price. Bypass the PC...
Old January 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balfrat View Post
Thank all for your answers. Now I know it can't be done

Mars I think the Promedia DD-5.1 would work but not the Creative DTS-610 it just a thing you need to connect your pc speaker to a A/V receiver which i don't have... What i need from Creative is this thing but they don't make it anymore.
Oh, sorry, that is the Creative product I was thinking of...

I thought the Creative one was discontinued as well, and thought it was odd when I copied the link, but didn't look into it in any more detail than that.