Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6, 2010, 12:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

As I said.. it isn't even noticable in the short trem... but with hrs and hrs of wear My jaw gets tired (have adjusted them smaller larger and everything in between to try and get rid of it)
Old December 6, 2010, 08:57 AM
Rookie

just wanted to link this before you go out and make your purchase Review - What is the Best Gaming Headset? | bit-tech.net
Old December 6, 2010, 01:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i have the hs1, i dont notice any great weight, i find them crazy comfortable.

ps: i had the g35's loved those as well, dont forget they make a wireless version of them called the G930

Old December 6, 2010, 07:28 PM
Top Prospect

I've had both the Carcharias and the 7H. The Carcharias was extremely comfortable, the microphone was okay (Not ridiculously great, a bit on the unadjustable side) and the sound quality in games was great. Unfortunately for movies and especially music, it lacked bass and the real sound quality somebody who enjoys music would want. When Linus was asked to compare the 7H directly to the HS1, he says the HS1 is an absolutely great headset, but the 7H is just phenomenal. I have the 7H now (And I've previously had the Sound Blaster Arenas as well) and indeed, the sound quality on the 7H is just amazing. It has a perfect serving of tight bass, wonderful for genres ranging from rock to trance. I love the 7H: It is extremely comfortable, the interchangeable earcups are great (I wear cloth most of the day, switch to pleather for some movies, if I want a bit of extra bass impact or if it's cold). The microphone quality is excellent, however there is a problem. The modular cable that connects to the left earcup via Micro-USB is firmly in place, but when it moves in the slightest bit, very loud microphone static is produced. I think the modular cable was a great idea, but at the same time an absolutely horrible design flaw. I'm sending my beautiful 7H off to get it RMA'd, and I really hope the problem goes away. I doubt they're defective though; I"m afraid it's just a design flaw I'll have to live with in exchange for the phenomenal sound quality.
Old December 7, 2010, 12:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I've had both the Carcharias and the 7H. The Carcharias was extremely comfortable, the microphone was okay (Not ridiculously great, a bit on the unadjustable side) and the sound quality in games was great. Unfortunately for movies and especially music, it lacked bass and the real sound quality somebody who enjoys music would want. When Linus was asked to compare the 7H directly to the HS1, he says the HS1 is an absolutely great headset, but the 7H is just phenomenal. I have the 7H now (And I've previously had the Sound Blaster Arenas as well) and indeed, the sound quality on the 7H is just amazing. It has a perfect serving of tight bass, wonderful for genres ranging from rock to trance. I love the 7H: It is extremely comfortable, the interchangeable earcups are great (I wear cloth most of the day, switch to pleather for some movies, if I want a bit of extra bass impact or if it's cold). The microphone quality is excellent, however there is a problem. The modular cable that connects to the left earcup via Micro-USB is firmly in place, but when it moves in the slightest bit, very loud microphone static is produced. I think the modular cable was a great idea, but at the same time an absolutely horrible design flaw. I'm sending my beautiful 7H off to get it RMA'd, and I really hope the problem goes away. I doubt they're defective though; I"m afraid it's just a design flaw I'll have to live with in exchange for the phenomenal sound quality.
That's exactly what I was worried about with the 7H headset. For me, the mic is just as, if not more important than audio quality for me.
Old December 7, 2010, 04:53 PM
Top Prospect

Well...maybe my headset is just faulty. If the mic quality is truly important for you, I don't know if the 7H will be your best bet. Gaming headsets generally don't have top notch microphones. Best of luck on your search!