Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default New X- Meridian for DEC.?

The new Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G sound card is due to hit the stores Dec. 10. Any opinions on this new arrival? I have the X-FI Forte on back order, but maybe I should cancel it and go with this new one? I am using the Xonar Xense right now but I have always liked Auzentech cards for gaming. I sure would like to hear from anyone that may have had one or used one for testing and review. I am almost sure that ROBSCIX has his hands on one of these but when I asked on a thread at Guru 3D,there was no response. Any information and opinions relating to how this card is for GAMING would be greatly appreciated. Please provide 'informed' opinions only
as I have been spending way too much money on various sound cards in the last little while. I don't want to buy this card on the 'If come', know what I mean? Thank you.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 16, 2010, 11:23 AM

My System Specs

This isn't an X-Fi card, it won't have any benefits over an Asus card in terms of gaming.
Old November 16, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
This isn't an X-Fi card, it won't have any benefits over an Asus card in terms of gaming.
It may not be X-FI but it IS an AUZENTECH. They make very good cards and use only the best components. Far better quality than Xonar. After reading the cards 'features' it appears to have many that are not found in the Xonar Xense. Have you had the opportunity to use one? I'm pretty sure I will get one of these but I would like to see a 'user' review first. Thank you for your response. Any other info you may have will be appreciated.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 16, 2010, 02:45 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
It may not be X-FI but it IS an AUZENTECH. They make very good cards and use only the best components. Far better quality than Xonar. After reading the cards 'features' it appears to have many that are not found in the Xonar Xense. Have you had the opportunity to use one? I'm pretty sure I will get one of these but I would like to see a 'user' review first. Thank you for your response. Any other info you may have will be appreciated.
That is definitely debatable. The Xonar D2X/D2 still have a higher quality DAC than any Auzentech card has ever used. I haven't used an X-Meridian 2 and I doubt I will as I am extremely happy with my current card.
Old November 20, 2010, 02:12 PM
Banned

Question

I'm very curious about it too. Here's a part of my first msg on a ncix thread I wrote last week. If things goes well my parents will buy my Auzen Forte for my sister's to use with her Razer Mako instead of being either on onboard or Audigy 1 soundcard so it should be a major step forward for her then this will let me have money to buy the new Auzentech. I'm not scared anymore about the "fps loss" since I have a very powerful cpu that will compensate more than required. I'm only wondering if the sound quality will be better than what I can get from my Forte and if the stock opamp will be crap and that we'll need to shell an extra 200$ for better opamps or if the stock one will also be better than the ones from all other Auzentech. Until there's a detailed review, can't know at all.

Quote:
Things I'm wondering however is about the following:
1- I currently have a Auzen Forte hooked to my Harman Kardon AVR-1600 by multi-channel 5.1 analog and I'm using KEF KHT-3005SE speakers which I bought here. With such a good setup, is there gonna be a noticeable increase of sound quality if I switch to this new card as even if I don't upgrade the opamp yet it's gonna use a totaly different chipset and software.

2- Since the new card won't be using a X-Fi chipset, is there gonna be a equivalent/similar feature as (CMSS-3D) and (Crystalizer) but in better? It would be a shame to miss such important features that helps making music and games sounds better.

3- The chipset will prolly be slower than the X-Fi even though it will have some sort of hardware acceleration. Is there gonna be a signifiant difference in games or not really and even less if I have a powerful processor like a X6 1055T from 2.8 to 3.90Ghz?
Old November 20, 2010, 10:16 PM
MVP

The only thing you are going to get by switching to this from a Xense is placebo effect.
Old November 21, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well, I went ahead and ordered this card. I am strictly using for gaming so I will let you know my feelings on whether or not this card improves or enhances sounds in gaming. My OPINION only. I am not a reviewer per se, I am a Gamer that knows what he should and wants to hear. It's on pre order from Auzentech and should be in my hands by mid DEC.