Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
Allstar

Default Auzentech Prelude Dolby Drivers!

The Dolby Digital Live! drivers are said to be released in the next day or so. I will post a full link when they are ready. TO the people who have been using Beta's this is the released version and you will be better off using the new driver. Official Dolby Digital Drivers

Last edited by Robscix; December 22, 2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old December 25, 2007, 12:47 AM
Banned

Question

So "Dolby Digital Live" mean that we will finaly be able to listen at any music and play any game and get 5.1 surround instead of being stuck with 2.1 because things like CMSS-3D, Crystalizer 24bit, Equalizer... doesn't work in digital?
Old December 25, 2007, 08:28 AM
Allstar

It means your card can enocde to Dolby Digital 5.1 in real time. Things like EAX,OPENAL,CMSS..etc..all work with DDL....
Old December 26, 2007, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
It means your card can enocde to Dolby Digital 5.1 in real time. Things like EAX,OPENAL,CMSS..etc..all work with DDL....
That didn't really answer the first part of my message but if you say that I will finaly be able to use EAX, CMSS-3D, Equalizer and Crystaliser because of DDL, then it's a great news!
Old December 26, 2007, 09:05 AM
Allstar

YES. Without the DDL encoder the card is stuck in plain PCM which is 2.0 -plain stereo over digital connection. With DDL, the card can encode to 5.1 in real time and output over digital connection.
Old December 27, 2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

Angry

Hmm really strange. I just installed the drivers so I could test that new feature and it seems quite bugged, at least with the Z-5500.

1- If I keep the decoder's input at (Direct "Analog"), enabling DDL through the Auzentech pannel will activate for real but it won't seem to do any effect on the music I'm listening at. PS: The input in Vista is also set in analog (Speakers) as seen on this picture HERE.

2- However if I keep DDL enabled and Vista in analog "speakers" BUT put my decoder at (Optical "Digital"), it will show on my decoder under the Input, that I'm using the effect (Dolby Digital). The sound will sound as good, maybe a little better but every single volume trigger in windows will no more work, unless the mute checkbox. I will have to use the decoder to change the volume and like if thing weren't bad already... with these settings, the sounds is extremly loud, even when the speakers are set on the minimum so maybe the sound just seems better because its louder by default.

3- Now if on the picture above I select SPDIF, I'll have to choose (Optical) on my decoder to get any sound, which is normal. But all the special effects like CMSS-3D, Equalizer, Crystaliser... won't work and the Treble/Bass buttons will disapear in my Console Launcher. Keep in mind that this one is with DDL disabled... as if I enable it while being with SPDIF, any sound or song that I'll play will jam after 0.3 second.

So... WTF!?!?!? . Not mad at you, don't worry but I'm sick of random bs like that, mostly for a product that I paid 170$ + Tax. I still can't believe a ridiculous thing like microphone output doesn't work. Oh, not to forget those f**** over Auzentech Support that even after a few weeks still haven't replyed my tickets.
Old December 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
Allstar

2..Seems about right. The rest seems like mis-settings. Can you adjust the volume in your media players?

As for the mic in, Using the mic in on a soundcard in this fashion is a big waste of time. If I am correct on the Creative X-fi's the mic-in and line-in were rolled into one. This may have something to do with that. I use mics all the time but would NEVER use a mic input on a soundcard they are crap on the best soundcards. I also think there is a difference between SPDIF and DDL -when used for output. The SPDIF is a generic digital output for passthrough for movies etc..effects never did work on this even with the CL X-fi's The DDL output should allow you to add effects to the stream. I don't use Vista all the time so I can't be too much help on that one.
Old December 27, 2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
2..Seems about right. The rest seems like mis-settings. Can you adjust the volume in your media players?

As for the mic in, Using the mic in on a soundcard in this fashion is a big waste of time. If I am correct on the Creative X-fi's the mic-in and line-in were rolled into one. This may have something to do with that. I use mics all the time but would NEVER use a mic input on a soundcard they are crap on the best soundcards.

I also think there is a difference between SPDIF and DDL -when used for output. The SPDIF is a generic digital output for passthrough for movies etc..effects never did work on this even with the CL X-fi's The DDL output should allow you to add effects to the stream. I don't use Vista all the time so I can't be too much help on that one.
Hi Rob, thanks again for the information, you are of much better use than Auzen's tech support. For the first paragraph of your quote, I doubt it's a mis-setting since I usualy really know what I'm doing but who knows. As for the volume on Winamp, it's pretty weird, let me explain. In XP it always worked and I'm pretty sure it used to work at first on Vista too but since a few months, the volume trigger on that program doesn't work anymore. Well it does but ONLY if I'm in SPDIF (passthrough?). Don't worry thought, the volume on all other programs like Windows Media Player 11 works so I bet it's just something messed up on my windows because it did that even after changing soundcard, speakers and installing a newer version of winamp.

For the microphone, I have a (Logitech Desktop Microphone). On my Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic I would only plug it into the Flexi-jack and everything was working flawlessly but like a few other people (read NCIX forums), the microphone jack is like defective on the Auzentech Prelude. It's hard to believe because of many reasons but mostly because it's a dedicated port, only for the microphone so why the hell it wouldn't work??? You can check the +20dB and put the volume at 100 but you will only hear your voice if you shout at 1inch, 2 at most. Hmm so if you often use your microphone, where do you plug it?!?:help:
Old December 28, 2007, 08:39 AM
Rookie

I upgraded to these drivers a couple of days ago, and thankfully it went without a hitch.

However, I'm having a bit of an odd problem with my speakers hooked up to the SPDIF out. The drivers say my Cambrdige Soundworks DTT2500 speakers aren't connected, even though they are. The Dolby Digital indicator on the amplifier isn't lighting up. So I'm not getting any sound out of them. I'll keep messing around with things though, until I figure out what the problem is.
Old December 28, 2007, 09:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have to add that these drivers are really disappointing for Vista 64. They just don't work right and I have little faith they can work right. Creative has invested far too heavily into HAL and I don't think Alchemy is ever going to fully fix these issues. DDL still causes the sound in game to lock up an loop. If I run analog then it isn't an issue. I personally enjoy DDL and DTS when playing music and games over EAX so the logical choice for me is a soundcard switch. I had my doubts this could be done preoperly and unfortunately, for me, I was right. Hopefully they'll keep working on them.