Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2007, 10:47 AM
Allstar

@PanzerIV, I use a Mic preamp and Professional mics. The mic input on the best soundcards is junk and not good for much. I understand you only want this for gaming etc. You could enable your onabord and use that for MIC input only.
Old December 28, 2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
@PanzerIV, I use a Mic preamp and Professional mics. The mic input on the best soundcards is junk and not good for much. I understand you only want this for gaming etc. You could enable your onabord and use that for MIC input only.
Hmm I would have to hear it to see if the same 20$ microphone would sound diffrent on a mic input from a 170$ soundcard and a complex thing like your preamp. I wouldn't care about it being in low-quality, if at least it would be working like it should .

Enabling the onboard sound card at the same time as my PCI one won't cause any driver conflict? So would you suggest me to do that rather than sell my (Logitech Desktop Microphone) to get the same one but in USB version? Most people on the forum that have the same bug as me said they had to exchange their microphone for a usb one because usb use some kind of "onboard card" as you already know. However the sound quality must be even worse than the microphone input on such an expensive sound card so heh... both way I get ****** up. :/
Old December 31, 2007, 04:32 PM
Rookie

Currently I'm using the regular cables that came with my speakers, the green, orange etc. But I want to be able to use dolby and such so I've been looking around a bit and wondering if this cable would be the best to get:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...onster%20Cable

By the way I have Z5500 as speakers.
Old December 31, 2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojicolnair View Post
Currently I'm using the regular cables that came with my speakers, the green, orange etc. But I want to be able to use dolby and such so I've been looking around a bit and wondering if this cable would be the best to get:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...onster%20Cable

By the way I have Z5500 as speakers.
Monster stuff is overrated and overpriced in my opinion. They sell stuff for 2-3x than other brand even if it's not better. That's what I call "Pay for the name". My Auzentech Prelude already came with an optical cable and I doubt its worth 30$ and it does the job just fine.
Old December 31, 2007, 04:54 PM
Rookie

I wasn't planning on buying that, just wondering if its the right kind. I'll probably look around my town for a digital optical cable or whatever its called exactly =P.