Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Xonar Xense= WOW!

When I first installed this card, I had nothing but problems. After un-installing drivers, re-seating the card and power, re-installing drivers etc. from the Xonar CD, I got this thing working and it is FANTASTIC. I am pretty much a gamer only and my wife got this for me for that purpose. The PC 350s that came with the card are still crappy so I won't mention them again. There is one very unique setting in the card control panel called 7.1 Virtual Speaker Shifter. I have 5.1 analog cans and I assumed the 7.1 'Virtual' was some kind of optical or dolby digital setting but it's NOT. That feature is designed to work on ANY speaker set up.I have no idea how that could possibly work but it truly does. I can hear things directly behind and around me with much more clarity and awareness than with any other card I have used. Believe me, I have tried them all with none even close to what the Xense delivers. I did not enable any of the many enhancements on this card i.e GX,FPS Hi Fi,Movies etc. I just checked the 5.1 soeaker box and then clicked the 7.1 Virtual Speaker thingy and PRESTO! Truly amazing. Too bad they don't sell the card without the headphones. It would lower the cost and make it an even better deal. Anyone looking for a good card for gaming, movies or whatever,GET THIS CARD. Take care all...
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 21, 2010, 01:09 PM

My System Specs

All Asus Xonar cards support Virtual Speaker Shifter and Dolby headphone. You would get the same effects w/ a Essence STX.
Old October 21, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
All Asus Xonar cards support Virtual Speaker Shifter and Dolby headphone. You would get the same effects w/ a Essence STX.
Do you get the same effect with 5.1 analog speakers? I really get 7.1 with 5.1 analog speaker set up. Do you by any chance know how it works? Whatever it is, it's pretty neat tech. Thanks.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5