Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2010, 10:31 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Hey Linus you don't wanna see if you can contact roccat and get a Kave to unbox/review?
Old October 30, 2010, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamula66 View Post
Hey Linus you don't wanna see if you can contact roccat and get a Kave to unbox/review?
I would like to see that too. Reviews from the manufacturer or the stores that sell them are too biased. For obvious reasons. Reviews from users, and in particular,from members here,are much more trusted. The members at Guru 3D are geat people as well. providing what we want to know with honest opinions.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 4, 2010, 06:28 PM
Rookie

I'm using some Turtlebeach X41's at the moment on and off. Unfortunately I've yet to pick up a card with an optical out to get all I can out of them (I've been using them for 360/ps3 as well).
Old November 5, 2010, 11:09 AM
Allstar

The PC350's need an amplifier to sound as intended. This set is high impedance and without proper amplification will sounds very muddy, anemic bass..etc All the good stuff that comes from using headphones without enough power.
Old November 13, 2010, 05:44 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
The PC350's need an amplifier to sound as intended. This set is high impedance and without proper amplification will sounds very muddy, anemic bass..etc All the good stuff that comes from using headphones without enough power.
You're absolutely right Robscix. I tried a pair my friend had lying around and they were horrible. Not only that...but...I couldn't wear them comfortably with my glasses. I thought they sucked eggs.
Old November 13, 2010, 05:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hi all, I received the Roccat Kave set a few days ago and I gotta say, they too, are no match for the Psyko 5.1s. At least in my opinion. They are however,a very good match to the Tritton AX Pros. Of all the headphones that I have owned that have either three or four speakers in each cup for the purpose of surround 5.1/7.1 etc., I found the AX Pros and the Roccat to be the best. The AX Pros are more comfortable with less pressure on your ears and overall better fit. The Roccat have a better volume control in that the sliders for front, rear, etc. let you increase or decrease the volume a hair at a time. The controls "slide" whereas the AX Pro control is incremental. You can't get it "right on" if you know what I mean. Having said all that, if I were to use a 5.1 analog set of headphones other than my trusty Psykos, I would go with Tritton AX Pro. Both sets are priced about the same but the AX Pros come with extra ear and head band pads which come in handy. If you can't afford or don't like Psyko, and want to connect your headphones direct to your sound card for real analog 5.1 then go with Tritton. Take care all.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 13, 2010, 05:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Hi all, I received the Roccat Kave set a few days ago and I gotta say, they too, are no match for the Psyko 5.1s. At least in my opinion. They are however,a very good match to the Tritton AX Pros. Of all the headphones that I have owned that have either three or four speakers in each cup for the purpose of surround 5.1/7.1 etc., I found the AX Pros and the Roccat to be the best. The AX Pros are more comfortable with less pressure on your ears and overall better fit. The Roccat have a better volume control in that the sliders for front, rear, etc. let you increase or decrease the volume a hair at a time. The controls "slide" whereas the AX Pro control is incremental. You can't get it "right on" if you know what I mean. Having said all that, if I were to use a 5.1 analog set of headphones other than my trusty Psykos, I would go with Tritton AX Pro. Both sets are priced about the same but the AX Pros come with extra ear and head band pads which come in handy. If you can't afford or don't like Psyko, and want to connect your headphones direct to your sound card for real analog 5.1 then go with Tritton. Take care all.
Hey Slik...I know you love your Psykos' but they do have sound leakage which is greatly annoying. If they could do something about this problem, then maybe, just maybe, I might give them a try.
Old November 13, 2010, 05:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
Hey Slik...I know you love your Psykos' but they do have sound leakage which is greatly annoying. If they could do something about this problem, then maybe, just maybe, I might give them a try.
I believe that Psyko is aware of and have adressed that issue. The second version may well be available right now. Also, if you check a couple of retailers like NCIX or Tiger etc., you can find them for about $200.00. Maybe even less. You have to look around.
Old November 13, 2010, 06:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I believe that Psyko is aware of and have adressed that issue. The second version may well be available right now. Also, if you check a couple of retailers like NCIX or Tiger etc., you can find them for about $200.00. Maybe even less. You have to look around.
I've tried them and I'd don't particulary like them. Aside from the feeling of a football helmet on my head....I don't think they're that great. I much prefer the Ax Pros.
Old November 13, 2010, 06:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
I've tried them and I'd don't particulary like them. Aside from the feeling of a football helmet on my head....I don't think they're that great. I much prefer the Ax Pros.
There you go. Get the AX Pros.