Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 20, 2010, 01:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I was looking at the Roccat kave and they look like to complet package for the same price as the G35 you get true 5.1 and a detatchable mic
Old October 20, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
PC350s are probably one of the most over-rated over-PRICED sennys out there. I loathed the pair I had. Crappy, muddy AND anemic bass, overly forward mids (to the point they are almost a caricature) and crappy brittle highs. But then again I expect my audio solutions to do more than just play FPS game audio decently. :)
Agreed. I've drilled out my own 350's cups, which does wonders for the bass response, but I'd never use them for music. I've actually gotten compliments from other online players regarding the microphone's clarity, which is something you'd expect Senn to get right. They also have excellent isolation if you'd like to ignore the outside world and focus 100% on what's coming through the headphones. For $100, and if you're using something better than onboard sound, the 350's are certainly worth considering.
Old October 20, 2010, 10:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Can you give us a comparison though? What else have you tried? and what do you use them for?
and like many past USB headphone discussions, how much did it slow your cpu by? noticable?
i have had sennheiser pc350's, Razer Carcharias, Logitech g35's, i like the hs1's a lot, they blow the pc350s out the water. Its sound is better, but not as boomy as some other headsets i have tried. Way more comfortable, carcharias is close to the comfort but not as soft. The g35's were great and i highly reccomend them as well, they have a different sound profile, louder, more bassy. Going to hs1 from them took some adjustment as they sounded so different. Sounds seem to be more up front with the hs1, not as drowned out with bass. I use them mainly for gaming, or watching movies/tv on my pc. I dont listen to music much, but i heard they sound pretty good in that too. The 5.1 is really good, adds a lot of livelyness to any soundstream. I havnt noticed any change in speed, but i have a pretty fast system, i7, sli 480s. I prefered the volume wheel the g35 had rather than the volume up down buttons on the hs1. the hs1 also has the feature that the cups swivel flat and can fold up for storage. Good for if you are travelling, but i would have liked to have them locked in position for when you are not, they kinda swivel all over till you put them on, then they are solid.

Last edited by Technokat; October 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old October 21, 2010, 10:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm considering a wireless headset ATM to go with a whole re-vamp of my rig, clueless to wireless headsets in any shape or form..

They would need to be around the 100 bucks mark give or take (could probably stretch to 150 for the right set)
They need to have a good quality mic..
They need to be comfy as I'll be using them for all audio, (games music and movies)
They need to last a reasonably long time.. Good build quality in every aspect.. (2 -3 years at the very minimum)

A big bonus would be if they can be used while charging
5.1 would be awesome but again only a bonus..

Open to suggestions, even if they are to stay away from wireless and get something like the creative HS1's
Old October 22, 2010, 01:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
I'm considering a wireless headset ATM to go with a whole re-vamp of my rig, clueless to wireless headsets in any shape or form..
Open to suggestions, even if they are to stay away from wireless and get something like the creative HS1's
Corsair makes the hs1

If you are looking for wireless probably the best ones right now would be the wireless version of the logitech g35, the G930.

Old October 22, 2010, 07:57 AM
MVP

I'd really like to have a testing session to compare HS1 vs the Senn 350's vs the G35s =P
MOBO:Asus Striker 2 Formula
RAM:OCZ HPC REAPER 4GB 1066mhz pc2-8500 (5-5-5-15)@2.2v
PSU:CORSAIR 750W
CASE:Silvertstone TJ07
SOUND:Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Keyboard:Logitech G15 V2
Mouse:Razer DeathAdder
Case Cooling:2x92mm exhaust,2x120mm exhaust, 2x120mm Ultra Kaze(3000RPM)intake.
Running:Win7 64-bit Ultimate
F@H PPD:46957

Old October 22, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
I'd really like to have a testing session to compare HS1 vs the Senn 350's vs the G35s =P

Been there done that. I have all three.

Music: G35s by a hair over the HS1s (personal pref only, other might prefer the HS1s sound signature more). PC350s are useless here.
Movies: HS1 by a narrow margin over the G35s. HS1 just makes for a better experience. PC350s once again blow chunks.
Games: HS1 by a wide margin over either. Ability to tweak each "virtual" speakers "output" AND balance the low/mids/highs via the software makes them a winner. PC350s are decent. G35s are also decent, but their software is outdated and you need to move up to the G930s to get the features the HS1s come with (and yes I have a pair of G930s too). :)

In other words the PC350s blow chunks at most things but are OK for games. The g35s are decent and the HS1 are very decent. BUT I would take a pair of HD555s over any of them..and buy a clip on mic IF I need that feature. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 22, 2010, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Does anyone here own a set of Roccat Kave? Mine are on back order so I can still cancel it if need be. Am I wasting my time and money or will these things beat the Psykos? All I really want to find out is,... are there any 5.1 analog headphones available today that are better than Psyko. Whatever brand that might be, that is the brand I want. Thanks all.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 24, 2010, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No Roccat owners here? Sure would be nice to read some opinions and comparisons. I'm interested in any of the better and higher priced 5.1 analog headphones. I can still cancel my Roccat order as they are still on back order. Anyone? Thanks.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 26, 2010, 03:12 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
No Roccat owners here? Sure would be nice to read some opinions and comparisons. I'm interested in any of the better and higher priced 5.1 analog headphones. I can still cancel my Roccat order as they are still on back order. Anyone? Thanks.
I posted a thread here a while ago asking about them and nobody replied to that thread either. I emailed the store I plan on buying mine from and the guy said (keeping in mind that he is trying to sell them) that it is the best headset that he has ever owned.
Although it wold be nice to see an unbiased opinion