Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2007, 02:19 AM
Rookie

Default Problem with Auzen X-Fi Prelude

I just put together a brand new computer with the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude installed. But I'm having a problem installing the drviers.

I'm using the latest RC1_081207_DRIVER_v2.zip driver package, and every time I try to install it I get "I-001" errors and it seems the installer can't find the "SETUP.INX" files. I'm using the 64-bit version of Vista Ultimate, BTW.

I've already searched the internet for help, but haven't been able to find much. The advice in Creative's knowldege base article didn't help. There's no INSTALL.LOG file to be found anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Old December 17, 2007, 09:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

What Motherboard?

I had issues with my soundcard in Vista X64 before. I had to uninstall the card and reboot without the card in the system. Then reboot into safemode and use drivercleaner. Reboot again and shutdown and install the card. Then install drivers after that.

Kinda sucks but worked for me.
Old December 18, 2007, 12:42 AM
Rookie

I ended up abandoning the RC1_081207_DRIVER_v2.zip update package. Instead I used the drivers on the CD that came with the card, and then used the XF_2_14_4_Patch_RC1_1.zip update. That combo worked flawlessly for me.

I tried following some advice I found, where it said to update the Installshield engine files to potentially fix the problem I was having. But it didn't work.

I don't know if I was just unlucky, or if many people will end up having the same problem I did. But it seems the RC1_081207_DRIVER_v2.zip package is a bit borked, because it sure as heck did not work for me at all.
Old December 18, 2007, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I used the drivers straight from the website for my install, didn't have the errors you had. I also run Vista 64.
Old December 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
Allstar

I used the drivers of the disk, then updated from the site. Then I installed the DDL drivers pack. For those guys who want the DDL drivers. Auzen is letting few guys have them if they ask. Send tech support a letter and ask if you can have the BETA DDL drivers.
they will send you a link... Remember they are beta and you might shave some troubles...I never did.
Old December 22, 2007, 02:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
I used the drivers straight from the website for my install, didn't have the errors you had. I also run Vista 64.
Did you install the drivers from the CD and the first patch, before installing the second one?

I tried installing the drivers from the CD, and then the second patch, without installing the first one. Maybe that was it. But according to the site, the second patch doesn't need the first one. Yet, for me, it didn't work.

Right now I'm running the CD drivers with the first patch. Apparently, the second patch doesn't feature any significant improvements. So since my setup is running fine at the moment, I'm unwilling to take any chances . . . for now.

I'll do an image of my hard drive soon, and then at some point I may try messing around with future patches from Auzentech.
Old December 22, 2007, 01:34 PM
Allstar

Remove all driver you installed before...everything, drivers-Alchemy,DDL pack if you have it. Reboot the system and then install the new RC4 drivers. This way you don;t have to mess with any patches etc...
Old December 22, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So far so good with the new drivers. Still kinda confusing to actually get rear sound, but using CMSS3D turns them on. That was the nice thing about the C-Media cards, all you did was enable DDL/DTS and it set itself up automatically.
Old December 22, 2007, 04:31 PM
Allstar

Vista behaves a bit differently. The main thing to remember that stereo will always come out stereo unless your upmixing it with CMSS, reverb or something else... atleast I am pretty sure that is how it is supposed to work. Games etc are usually always in 5.1 -so it gets encoded to DDL and out through the lightpipe to your receiver or speakers...
Old December 23, 2007, 01:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This driver is still not working right for Vista 64. Soundcard crashes in games and I am just not happy with the performance. I am still at a loss why I need to enable CMSS3D even when there is only a 2 channel source since DDL is supposed to upmix a 2 channel source to 5.1. For me, I think it is time to get either a SONAR or a X-Meridian since I am more interested in OPEN AL functionality and proper digital upmixing than EAX. This is a good card, but it's not doing what I want when I want.