Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2011, 09:18 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
The Creative Hd was really developed to be used with Home Theatre Systems with the card outputing a Dolby Digital Live signal from the Optical Port to the Home Theatre Sound System.
No. It was developed for high quality analog output. That is why the card is sporting high end DAC's and other analog components. Using a digital connection from this card to a receiver would be a serious downgrade unless you are using a very high end receiver.

It whould also be noted that the card has an expansion header and there is information to suggest that CL will be bringing out an expansion board later on.
Old May 6, 2011, 09:34 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post

It whould also be noted that the card has an expansion header and there is information to suggest that CL will be bringing out an expansion board later on.
I would very much like to see this. I've been looking for a good PCIe headphone + 5.1 analog card.
Old May 6, 2011, 09:53 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I would very much like to see this. I've been looking for a good PCIe headphone + 5.1 analog card.
Yes it would be nice to have that optionfor surround soundover analog connections. If you are considering this card for headphones, it does have a dedicated headphone output but NO headphones amplifier. Great sounding card based on my personal tests.