Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15, 2010, 07:02 PM
Allstar

There are many sets that are better for higher price. The subject was on those headphones so I was discussing them.
I find many use the PC350's without any amplification and then complain about various sonic aspects that come from underpowered cans.
There are many great headphones out there...some need amps to sound their best and some don't.
I usually recommend Sennheisers, AT,etc for gaming. I tend the stay away from "Gamer" types as set designed for music tend to give you the best all around sound.

Last edited by Robscix; September 15, 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old September 15, 2010, 07:05 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
There are many sets that are better for higher price. The subject was on those headphones so I was discussing them.
I find many use the PC350's without any amplification and then complain about various sonic aspects that come from underpowered speakers.
There are many great headphones out there...some need amps to sound there best and some don't.
Jackquelegs was listing some reasonably-priced alternatives that do not need amplification or any modding to sound as good as they can sound.
Old September 15, 2010, 07:07 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Jackquelegs was listing some reasonably-priced alternatives that do not need amplification or any modding to sound as good as they can sound.
Yes I caught that part. I said there are many great phones out there...
The OP mentiond the PC350's..so that was the discussion.
Old September 15, 2010, 07:11 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yes I caught that part. I said there are many great phones out there...
The OP mentiond the PC350's..so that was the discussion.
Yeah, but he's obviously considering other options as well.
Old September 15, 2010, 07:14 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Yeah, but he's obviously considering other options as well.
Great, he should Look at all options.
Did you miss the subject title?
Considering he was asking about them, I gave some information on them.
There is a vast array of headphones out there that are excellent for gaming/music and movies.
I was offering information on the subject he asked about...I would actually suggest a different set such as the HD595's.etc.those would be better for what he needs in my opinion but they are more money.
Old September 15, 2010, 07:28 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Great, he should Look at all options.
Did you miss the subject title?
Considering he was asking about them, I gave some information on them.
There is a vast array of headphones out there that are excellent for gaming/music and movies.
I was offering information on the subject he asked about...I would actually suggest a different set such as the HD595's.etc.those would be better for what he needs in my opinion but they are more money.
Look, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I'm pointing out that he did ask for other suggestions as well. Did you read the original post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I need recommendations for a pair of good closed, circumaural analog cans that suit my needs (preferably with a mic, but not completely necessary if the headphones are worth the trade off).

That's about it, I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.
You were biting Jackie's head off for posting links to other headphones, but that's exactly what the OP was asking for in the first place.
Old September 15, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think he was, and personally even if he was I wouldn't really care.
I threw my recommendations out there for my friend Pine as I have helped him before with his headset needs, despite my planned hiatus from HWC.

I will post no more. Pine if you need help you can always PM me.

/back to the shadows

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 15, 2010, 08:53 PM
Allstar

Quote:
You were biting Jackie's head off for posting links to other headphones, but that's exactly what the OP was asking for in the first place.
I wasn't biting anybodies head off...just following the conversation. You need to lighten up...
Read the post again.

Last edited by Robscix; September 15, 2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old September 15, 2010, 10:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Chill out everyone. It's ok to have different opinions, but be polite about expressing them.

For those of you who don't know Robscix, he was our audio reviewer here before he decided to move to another site. The gentleman knows as much about PC audio hardware and headphones as AkG does about SSDs.
Old September 16, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I wasn't biting anybodies head off...just following the conversation. You need to lighten up...
Read the post again.
Good to have you spending more time here. I usually have to track your info down at Guru 3D.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5