Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old September 14, 2010, 08:19 PM
Pine's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 162
Default

Hey. I've checked out the E5, but a few PC350 users have said the bass boost option doesn't do much for it. They also said it introduced a background noise.
I'm swayed to the 7H after loads of research and a final email to Linus of NCIX.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 06:46 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default

I would suggest the razer megalodon Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.
I have the g35's but would trade them for that headset anytime anyday anywhere. Comes with its own amplifier, has 7.1 surround sound and works well with music, i say you would get much more for your money which is 170 around then the pc350.

but that's just my 2 cents :)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 06:50 AM
Robscix's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 762
Default

So you're suggesting a set of Razors are better then a set of Sennheisers?
Have you heard the PC350's when properly amplified? Many people seem to use them incorrectly...
7.1 surround sound, in a set of headphones, are you refering to Dolby Headphone routine?
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 01:01 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
So you're suggesting a set of Razors are better then a set of Sennheisers?
Have you heard the PC350's when properly amplified? Many people seem to use them incorrectly...
7.1 surround sound, in a set of headphones, are you refering to Dolby Headphone routine?
yup, but why take the chance, and knowledge of amplifieing it when you get close to same quality, not true 7.1 but never the less is 7.1 and works very well. Nope its not dolby its razers software i believe thats why they have the amplifier/ on the fly box connected on the cord. Im just saying i think for a music, gaming, movie its a great all around headset, the pc350's may have better sound quality but not so much that its recognizable im sure, they also don't have that 7.1 which is a legit wall hack.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 04:54 PM
Robscix's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 762
Default

So, you have obviously never tested the PC350's?
Most higher end headphones will require amplifiers, which is also why many new soundcards are coming equipped with head amps.
The PC350's have better sound quality...and that is where it should end. It is usually better to buy headphones and speaker with sound quality in mind.
The Razor set is USB, you cannot even use them with a proper gaming soundcard.

As for the PC350's not having "the 7.1"...they have whatever your sound source has such as Dolby Headphone or CMSS-3D which are both considered the top technologies for virtualization.

If you think some USB headset with a bunch of marketing jargon will compare with any quality headphone set running on a good gaming card soundcard you're dreaming.

Last edited by Robscix; September 15, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 05:01 PM
CoolHandL's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VANcouver
Posts: 387

My System Specs

Default

I love my Razers. but alas im no audiophile.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 05:10 PM
Robscix's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandL View Post
I love my Razers. but alas im no audiophile.
That's the man thing, if you enjoy your system great.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 05:29 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
So, you have obviously never tested the PC350's?
Most higher end headphones will require amplifiers, which is also why many new soundcards are coming equipped with head amps.
The PC350's have better sound quality...and that is where it should end. It is usually better to buy headphones and speaker with sound quality in mind.
The Razor set is USB, you cannot even use them with a proper gaming soundcard.

As for the PC350's not having "the 7.1"...they have whatever your sound source has such as Dolby Headphone or CMSS-3D which are both considered the top technologies for virtualization.

If you think some USB headset with a bunch of marketing jargon will compare with any quality headphone set running on a good gaming card soundcard you're dreaming.
not trying to be an ass or anything but
Im trying to give him more options, Im more gamer oriented compared to music, just different point of views. this discussion can go on and on, honestly I couldn't care less what you think. we may not agree on the same point of view, its like a christian priest telling a Buddha that his beliefs are wrong. For me personally i wouldn't like to mess around with audio settings, get a sound card, and not have 7.1 it just doesn't suit my needs, and I agree with coolhand that I also em not an audiophile.

happy gaming/teching!!
Lax!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 05:59 PM
Jackquelegs's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 2,590

My System Specs

Default

Amazon.com: Audio Technica Pro Studio Monitor Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black): Electronics

PC350s do not sound nearly as good as they should without modding
__________________
Iapetos
Intel Core i7 930 D0 4.2ghz, Corsair XMS3 6X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 8-8-8-24, Xfire HD5870, Intel X-25M 34nm 80gb, Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W, Xonar D2X

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old September 15, 2010, 06:59 PM
Robscix's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacrosseTown View Post
not trying to be an ass or anything but
Im trying to give him more options, Im more gamer oriented compared to music, just different point of views. this discussion can go on and on, honestly I couldn't care less what you think. we may not agree on the same point of view, its like a christian priest telling a Buddha that his beliefs are wrong. For me personally i wouldn't like to mess around with audio settings, get a sound card, and not have 7.1 it just doesn't suit my needs, and I agree with coolhand that I also em not an audiophile.

happy gaming/teching!!
Lax!
The PC350's are gamer headphones....Far from "audiophile"
Enjoy your headphones.

Last edited by Robscix; September 15, 2010 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Sennheiser PC350 Gaming headset Inik Buy/Sell & Trade 17 May 16, 2010 11:22 AM
Sound card for music and games (headphones and 2.1) Full Speed Audio 6 May 11, 2010 05:20 PM
Looking for a surround headset for games and movies. Mustkunstn1k Audio 4 January 1, 2010 10:30 AM
Sound Card for Sennheiser PC350 Headphones Syntax Audio 1 November 1, 2009 08:24 PM
Streaming Movies and Music Strat6 Networking 5 January 4, 2008 03:09 PM