Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2010, 08:19 PM
Top Prospect

Hey. I've checked out the E5, but a few PC350 users have said the bass boost option doesn't do much for it. They also said it introduced a background noise.
I'm swayed to the 7H after loads of research and a final email to Linus of NCIX.
Old September 15, 2010, 06:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would suggest the razer megalodon Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.
I have the g35's but would trade them for that headset anytime anyday anywhere. Comes with its own amplifier, has 7.1 surround sound and works well with music, i say you would get much more for your money which is 170 around then the pc350.

but that's just my 2 cents :)
Old September 15, 2010, 06:50 AM
Allstar

So you're suggesting a set of Razors are better then a set of Sennheisers?
Have you heard the PC350's when properly amplified? Many people seem to use them incorrectly...
7.1 surround sound, in a set of headphones, are you refering to Dolby Headphone routine?
Old September 15, 2010, 01:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
So you're suggesting a set of Razors are better then a set of Sennheisers?
Have you heard the PC350's when properly amplified? Many people seem to use them incorrectly...
7.1 surround sound, in a set of headphones, are you refering to Dolby Headphone routine?
yup, but why take the chance, and knowledge of amplifieing it when you get close to same quality, not true 7.1 but never the less is 7.1 and works very well. Nope its not dolby its razers software i believe thats why they have the amplifier/ on the fly box connected on the cord. Im just saying i think for a music, gaming, movie its a great all around headset, the pc350's may have better sound quality but not so much that its recognizable im sure, they also don't have that 7.1 which is a legit wall hack.
Old September 15, 2010, 04:54 PM
Allstar

So, you have obviously never tested the PC350's?
Most higher end headphones will require amplifiers, which is also why many new soundcards are coming equipped with head amps.
The PC350's have better sound quality...and that is where it should end. It is usually better to buy headphones and speaker with sound quality in mind.
The Razor set is USB, you cannot even use them with a proper gaming soundcard.

As for the PC350's not having "the 7.1"...they have whatever your sound source has such as Dolby Headphone or CMSS-3D which are both considered the top technologies for virtualization.

If you think some USB headset with a bunch of marketing jargon will compare with any quality headphone set running on a good gaming card soundcard you're dreaming.

Last edited by Robscix; September 15, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old September 15, 2010, 05:01 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I love my Razers. but alas im no audiophile.
Old September 15, 2010, 05:10 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandL View Post
I love my Razers. but alas im no audiophile.
That's the man thing, if you enjoy your system great.
Old September 15, 2010, 05:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
So, you have obviously never tested the PC350's?
Most higher end headphones will require amplifiers, which is also why many new soundcards are coming equipped with head amps.
The PC350's have better sound quality...and that is where it should end. It is usually better to buy headphones and speaker with sound quality in mind.
The Razor set is USB, you cannot even use them with a proper gaming soundcard.

As for the PC350's not having "the 7.1"...they have whatever your sound source has such as Dolby Headphone or CMSS-3D which are both considered the top technologies for virtualization.

If you think some USB headset with a bunch of marketing jargon will compare with any quality headphone set running on a good gaming card soundcard you're dreaming.
not trying to be an ass or anything but
Im trying to give him more options, Im more gamer oriented compared to music, just different point of views. this discussion can go on and on, honestly I couldn't care less what you think. we may not agree on the same point of view, its like a christian priest telling a Buddha that his beliefs are wrong. For me personally i wouldn't like to mess around with audio settings, get a sound card, and not have 7.1 it just doesn't suit my needs, and I agree with coolhand that I also em not an audiophile.

happy gaming/teching!!
Lax!
Old September 15, 2010, 05:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Amazon.com: Audio Technica Pro Studio Monitor Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones: Electronics

Amazon.com: Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black): Electronics

PC350s do not sound nearly as good as they should without modding

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 15, 2010, 06:59 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacrosseTown View Post
not trying to be an ass or anything but
Im trying to give him more options, Im more gamer oriented compared to music, just different point of views. this discussion can go on and on, honestly I couldn't care less what you think. we may not agree on the same point of view, its like a christian priest telling a Buddha that his beliefs are wrong. For me personally i wouldn't like to mess around with audio settings, get a sound card, and not have 7.1 it just doesn't suit my needs, and I agree with coolhand that I also em not an audiophile.

happy gaming/teching!!
Lax!
The PC350's are gamer headphones....Far from "audiophile"
Enjoy your headphones.

Last edited by Robscix; September 15, 2010 at 07:05 PM.