Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 12, 2010, 11:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Will the Asus Xonar DX Fit?

Will it ( Newegg.ca - ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card ) fit on the Asus Rampage III Formula ( Newegg.ca - ASUS Rampage III Formula LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ). How about the MSI Big Bang XPower ( Newegg.ca - MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ). Both motherboards' heatsinks look pretty big, so does anyone know if the soundcard can be installed without being blocked by the heatsinks?

Last edited by Kommie986; September 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old September 12, 2010, 12:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Both heatsinks look like they are lower underneath where the card would extend from the PCIe x1 slot. But you can run the sound card in any x1/x4/x8/x16 slot. My DX is running in slot 3 in my Classified, originally because it was too long to fit with the stock heatsink and now because I just like it better there for the wiring. That's something to consider as well, because you have both front panel wires and a power wire to the board. Great card though.
Old September 12, 2010, 12:30 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

It should fit in the top slot of the XPower since the chipset heatsink is low-profile in that area. I don't think it'll fit in the top slot of the Rampage III Formula. However, Like SugarJ pointed out, you can put it in any one of the PCI-E slots. I have mine running in the third physical 16x slot of my Rampage II Extreme.
Old October 22, 2012, 12:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Both heatsinks look like they are lower underneath where the card would extend from the PCIe x1 slot. But you can run the sound card in any x1/x4/x8/x16 slot. My DX is running in slot 3 in my Classified, originally because it was too long to fit with the stock heatsink and now because I just like it better there for the wiring. That's something to consider as well, because you have both front panel wires and a power wire to the board. Great card though.
When i connected my DX to in the PCIx16 slot my system refused to boot ahead of BIOS! Any reason why?