Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1, 2010, 08:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default NCIX finally gets Asus Xonar Xense Soundard and headset

Hey all, i know we were talking about this card a few months ago. Looks like ncix finally has it up now!

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Xonar Xense Premium Gaming Audio 118DB SNR PCI-E1 Soundcard W/ Sennheiser PC 350 Headset - XONAR_XENSE In Canada.

299$ Not bad if i do say so myself, considering it comes with xonar stx'ish soundcard and a sennheiser 350 redo

Old September 1, 2010, 08:45 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Surprisingly reasonable.
Old September 1, 2010, 09:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

That's very compelling, especially since those headphones are $220 on NCIX already!
Old September 1, 2010, 09:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's a slightly different version of the current PC350 BTW.

The MSRP is surprisingly good though, the cans probably have a wholesale value of about $100, so it's really just under $200 for a good sound card. Not completely out of line of the rest of them. I'm pretty sure you can expect a launch sale on this too.
Old September 2, 2010, 03:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Will they sell it without the cans?

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old September 2, 2010, 06:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks Technokat. I'm tempted. but the new Auzen and Creative cards are soon to be available as well. I need a review as to which of the tree cards are best for gaming. The Xense is very very tempting.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old September 2, 2010, 06:46 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
Will they sell it without the cans?
Probably not, though you could always just grab an Essence STX instead.
Old September 2, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Thanks Technokat. I'm tempted. but the new Auzen and Creative cards are soon to be available as well. I need a review as to which of the tree cards are best for gaming. The Xense is very very tempting.
Do you happen to have any links? I'm looking at finally upgrading from my modded X-fi XtremeMusic as the slot layout on my new motherboard would make the PCI card starve the GPU of air. I was thinking about a Xonar but gaming performance would be a priority. If I didn't already buy a set of HD555's then I would have considered this.
Old September 2, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
Do you happen to have any links? I'm looking at finally upgrading from my modded X-fi XtremeMusic as the slot layout on my new motherboard would make the PCI card starve the GPU of air. I was thinking about a Xonar but gaming performance would be a priority. If I didn't already buy a set of HD555's then I would have considered this.
You can resd the Previews by ROBSCIX over at Guru 3D. The new Titanium HD looks really nice. Good specs etc.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old September 2, 2010, 11:57 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
The Essence ST/STX is very similar to this card. If you're looking for something top of the line then that would be a good option. You could also go for one of the lower-end models (I have a DX and it's great). Gaming is very good with the Xonar cards since they have EAX emulation.