F@H

My System Specs

Old August 17, 2010, 07:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
Quick question. EAX emulation, how good is it?
Not too shabby.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old August 19, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-713 View Post
Hi. Iam building a new pc and I want the best GAMING SOUND CARD. What is the best sound card out there for gaming? Is it still SOUND BLASTER? PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
Maximum PC built a $15,000.00 Dream Machine and used the Auzentech X FI Forte.They must of had a reason as they could have put anything they wanted in that rig.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 19, 2010, 10:44 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Well I've got the Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium and I noticed a huge difference when I got that! It was like night and day! Especially for gaming! When paired with my Logitech X-540 or when using my Creative Fatal!ty MKII headset, it's amazing how good the surround sound is!
G.Skill Ripjaw Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 PC12800
1 x Sapphire HD 5850 (2 when the price drops)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal!ty Edition
2 x Western Digital Black 500 GB
LG DVD Burner with Lightscribe
Coolermaster Sniper Black edition
Corsair AX750 Modular PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Old August 19, 2010, 04:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ya I had to switch to onboard sound the other day cause the drivers weren't working properly with my sound card or something ( XD CREATIVE!!) and man ya, onboard is still nowhere near the sound quality you get from an addin soundcard.
Old September 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
Allstar

If you want a great gaming card then you need a card that support ALL gaming audio routines such as EAX 1,2,3,4,5 and OpenAL. This way no matter if your game is new or old your covered and have the best gaming experience possible.
Now, features are all well and good but components produce the sound quality so this is why Auzentech makes some of the best gaming cards out there, they choose higher end components. The New X-fi Titanium HD is a big step in the right direction on CL's behalf though. Looks like they took a page from Auzentech design book.
That card may take the top spot for hardware based gaming cards. On a side note, if total EAX/OpenAL support is not such a big thing for you then your just back to pure sound quality. Buy the card that sounds the best for your price range and has the options you want.
Old September 5, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would buy a card for gaming only, and would want total EAX/OpenAL support. Are all Auzentech cards like this?

I don't know much about sound cards but CL pisses me off.

Imagine if Nvidia and ATI arbitrarily decided that they were going to make certain generation of video cards not work with newer OSes....
Old September 5, 2010, 04:24 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I would buy a card for gaming only, and would want total EAX/OpenAL support. Are all Auzentech cards like this?

Imagine if Nvidia and ATI arbitrarily decided that they were going to make certain generation of video cards not work with newer OSes....
No. Not all Auzentech cards have full hardware gaming audio support. Look at the models built around the X-fi chipset.
Old September 5, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post

I am selling a Prelude FYI. I don't want to shamelessly advertise my for sale items, but I thought you'd be interested, especially since it's nigh impossible to find retail Preludes. Cheers.