Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 04:01 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I think lots of you forgot that Azuntech uses the X-fi chips that are produced by Creative.... Although the other components on their sound cards are not.
And Ford Ranger == Mazda pickup.

Just because a company produces something doesn't mean its crap in another factory.

Yes Auzentech does use x-fi chips but their drivers are also 100x as well as the hardware they use.

How many sound cards can you name that allow customization of their cards?

Xplosion is one.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 04:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,502

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I think lots of you forgot that Azuntech uses the X-fi chips that are produced by Creative.... Although the other components on their sound cards are not.
I'm using a Prelude. Still, any of the X-Fi cards - sans XtremeAudio - are better for gaming, in my opinion, in the scenarios I outlined.
__________________
For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 04:36 PM
headsh0t's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,568

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Yes Auzentech does use x-fi chips but their drivers are also 100x as well as the hardware they use.
Not disagreeing with you but, care to tell me how their drivers are 100x better and the better hardware used?

And enaberif = firebane
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 04:43 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Not disagreeing with you but, care to tell me how their drivers are 100x better and the better hardware used?

And enaberif = firebane
As I stated.. name another card that has replaceable opamps.. in fact name a company that allows this modification to the card and PROVIDE the opamps as an additional cost?
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 04:52 PM
headsh0t's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,568

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
As I stated.. name another card that has replaceable opamps.. in fact name a company that allows this modification to the card and PROVIDE the opamps as an additional cost?
Why would you buy a $50 mediocre soundcard just to replace the Op-amps? Unless you mean when they go kaput. I get what you're saying though about the company...
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 04:52 PM
Mena's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hanover, Ontario
Posts: 475
Default

Look up Daniel_K incident....then you should see why Creative does not deserve any of your loyalty or money.
__________________
I am watching you.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 04:52 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Why would you buy a $50 mediocre soundcard just to replace the Op-amps? Unless you mean when they go kaput.
Auzentech Xplosion was $100 new when it first came. If its $50 now awesome!

People are getting a wicked sound card for a great price.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 05:01 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Why would you buy a $50 mediocre soundcard just to replace the Op-amps? Unless you mean when they go kaput. I get what you're saying though about the company...
The X-Plosion isn't a mediocre card.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 05:06 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
i say a round on the house and someone better be posting reviews of sound cards soon or else!!
Its not needed.

Any cards put out by Auzentech are hardly mediocre cards and still some of the best on the market.

Asus Xonar is another good brand.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2010, 05:11 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
i say a round on the house and someone better be posting reviews of sound cards soon or else!!
I say you stop sticking your nose into threads involving subjects you know nothing about. How about you do that instead?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best sound card for gaming? Slik Audio 3 October 5, 2009 12:49 PM
Sound Card and Gaming Headset Scart Audio 10 April 13, 2009 06:47 PM
Sound Card for gaming bobafett4ever Audio 4 September 25, 2008 08:27 AM
Sound Card for 3D gaming? IvesKu Audio 16 May 26, 2008 09:45 AM
Best Gaming Sound card Kessler Audio 4 May 25, 2007 06:57 AM