Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2010, 11:54 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Default SupremeFX X-Fi - Multi-streaming? Many stereo outs wanted!

Hey all, as some of you know I've got the Crosshair IV mobo that uses Creative SupremeFX X-fi onboard audio. The quality is decent, but they only have one stereo output it seems. However, I'd now like to be able to at least use the additional output jacks (the ones intended for 5.1/7.1) as additional stereo outs. Why? I hate splitters and the cheap plastic ones from my local electronics store often break quickly.

Has anyone tried this? I'd like to able to hook up at least two or three different things to my PC for stereo output, ideally: Z-2200s, Headphones andmy powerful surround sound (with many, many speakers/subs, haha). Any insight would be helpful, thanks all!

PS: Im not sure "multi-streaming" would be the correct term for this, since i don't need many separate audio outs, just several "copied" stereo outs.
Old July 19, 2010, 12:34 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Apologies for the double post: If anyone can suggest another sound card with good quality (or better) that for sure can do three simultaneous stereo outs, then maybe ill get that one. I have an Asus Xonar DX in another system that I could move, but AFAIK that card does not support this either (or google is failing me today).
Old July 19, 2010, 01:06 PM
shaw

Simultaneous SPDIF and Analog audio output. - The Green Button

This may be of some help; they start discussing W7 at page 15.
Old July 19, 2010, 01:12 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw View Post
Simultaneous SPDIF and Analog audio output. - The Green Button

This may be of some help; they start discussing W7 at page 15.
Is that not for mixing digital audio and analog audio outs at the same time? I just need multiple analog stereo 3.5mms....
Old July 19, 2010, 01:17 PM
shaw

Now I understand.

This is from 2004, but it shows that you are / were not the only one looking for a solution. Soundcard with multiple stereo outputs - Hydrogenaudio Forums

2005: Sound card with multiple stereo outputs? - AVS Forum

edit: 2008 - Audio Asylum Thread Printer

I used "Soundcard with multiple stereo outputs" in Google.

Last edited by shaw; July 19, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old July 19, 2010, 02:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Official kX Project Site -- News

i tried those drivers with a Creative Audigy1 a while ago and it worked well, pretty sure has what you want, may not be compatible with your soundcard though

also, the newer realtek onboard chips can remap all 6 outputs to stereo or anything, even 6 mic's!
Old July 19, 2010, 02:21 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook06 View Post
Official kX Project Site -- News

i tried those drivers with a Creative Audigy1 a while ago and it worked well, pretty sure has what you want, may not be compatible with your soundcard though

also, the newer realtek onboard chips can remap all 6 outputs to stereo or anything, even 6 mic's!
From their site: "X-Fi is NOT supported and will not be supported."

not even my old audigy 2 pro. plat. is fully supported... But it IS a good find nonetheless. Thanks!
Old July 19, 2010, 05:25 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Thumbs down

My Audigy2 pro plat is a no-go with those kX drivers = i dont want to mess up my setup by trying to stretch a molex or floppy power connector across my mobo to hook one of those up. Any other suggestions anyone? Please? lol...
Old July 19, 2010, 05:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Doesn't a stereo source automatically default to the front channel output over all of the ports?

Your surround would probably benefit from sending the signal as digital (I use the "coax" as it's easier to find a long shielded RCA cord), and finally your Headphones should probably be set to "headphones" for the output levels.

Am I missing something in what specifically you're trying to do? (Glad you brought it up though.... just noticed that for some reason I never installed the full sound card drivers for my ChIV).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 19, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I may be wrong but dosen't M-audio have a sound card that can do what you want? I will edit later with my search.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||