Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2010, 09:03 PM
Top Prospect

Default The left cup of my SB Arena headset is broken, need help

So I was watching a Starcraft 2 game and suddenly the left cup stops emitting noise. I test it with some music, and other audio and I confirm only the right cup is making any noise. I fiddle with it, restart, replug the USB, still, the left side can is broken. If I push it into my head and release it, it emits audio for a second or so, and it does this every time I push it into my head. I can not get audio out of it in any other way, so I only have one ear cup on these now.
I got these exactly a week ago today and I'm really concerned; I really don't want a broken headset a week after I buy it. I don't know how to fix it or what exactly is wrong with it, should I call Creative and see if it's covered by a warranty? Please help me.

Last edited by Pine; June 24, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:00 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

See if you can get it replaced by the retailer you purchased it from. Otherwise, contact Creative and file a warranty claim. Since it's brand new, it's certainly covered.
Old June 25, 2010, 05:43 AM
Top Prospect

I got it from Newegg.ca, so should I just issue an RMA with them, package it back up and send it in?
Old June 25, 2010, 10:50 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Contact Newegg customer service and see what their policy is on returning defective items. They may have a 30-day guarantee or something along those lines. If not, then you'll have to send it in to Creative.
Old June 25, 2010, 02:50 PM
Top Prospect

Alright, I've called up Newegg Customer Support, and I'll be sending this headset off tomorrow to RMA