Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2010, 06:49 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
The Creative Titanium HD is another new card about to be released. It too looks good.
It looks good except for the fact that it's a Creative card, but who knows, maybe we'll be surprised.
Old June 23, 2010, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I read about this Xonar over at Guru3D yesterday but no one there said whether or not you can get the card without the cans. Either way,as many of you may know from my various posts,I will buy this as soon as it becomes available.Another set of cans won't bother me and there is nothing wrong with Sennheiser. Anyone have any info on release date?
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old June 26, 2010, 05:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

so to go a bit off topic, what do the cards that come with the expansion bay unit do? cause i think they look kinda cool, but are they functional/useful? lol
Old June 26, 2010, 08:44 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
so to go a bit off topic, what do the cards that come with the expansion bay unit do? cause i think they look kinda cool, but are they functional/useful? lol
Expansion bays basically just add extra ports to the card.
Old June 27, 2010, 07:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Has anyone found any info on when it hits the market? There are myriad previews on this card,but no release date.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old July 1, 2010, 07:35 AM
Allstar

The card sounds really good. There has been some reservations because of the PC350's. I have heard the Xense bundle with the Xense edition PC-350's and they sound much different then just normal off the shelf PC 350's.
If that is due to mods in the headphones or just the cards settings/tunings and amplification remains to be seen...
Another point to mention is most that use the PC350's claim that you need proper amplification to get the best sound out of them. COnsidering how high the impedance is on the PC 350s, ~150 ohm, they would need an amplifier to get proper bass. Long story short, I have tested them out and the bundle is quite impressive... If you get a chance to test them out then use your own ears.
Old July 1, 2010, 07:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
The card sounds really good. There has been some reservations because of the PC350's. I have heard the Xense bundle with the Xense edition PC-350's and they sound much different then just normal off the shelf PC 350's.
If that is due to mods in the headphones or just the cards settings/tunings and amplification remains to be seen...
Another point to mention is most that use the PC350's claim that you need proper amplification to get the best sound out of them. COnsidering how high the impedance is on the PC 350s, ~150 ohm, they would need an amplifier to get proper bass. Long story short, I have tested them out and the bundle is quite impressive... If you get a chance to test them out then use your own ears.
Hi Robscix, nice to see you in this forum. I have looked everywhere and can not find anything on this other than your review at Guru 3D. I checked the ASUS site and there was nothing at all found anywhere about this card. Where did you get your card and headphones from? Are we going to get them any time soon? Thanks.
Old July 1, 2010, 08:02 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Hi Robscix, nice to see you in this forum. I have looked everywhere and can not find anything on this other than your review at Guru 3D. I checked the ASUS site and there was nothing at all found anywhere about this card. Where did you get your card and headphones from? Are we going to get them any time soon? Thanks.
Actually, I did a quick look preview. I won't do an official review until have a "off the shelf" version.
I am an audio reviewer so I get most soundcards/sources..etc very early.

You cannot buy this card anywhere as of yet.
I wouldn't really term this card as a "Audiophile card", I would say it is a gamer card as that is the intended use and that card has been designed with this task in mind.

They should be here soon, couple months.
If you have any questions I can try and answer them for you.

Last edited by Robscix; July 1, 2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old July 1, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks Robscix, I meant to say Preview as I know now that there is a big difference. As you probably know, I game only with my rig,and how a game sounds is just as important to me as how it looks.Thanks again.
Old July 1, 2010, 10:25 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Thanks Robscix, I meant to say Preview as I know now that there is a big difference. As you probably know, I game only with my rig,and how a game sounds is just as important to me as how it looks.Thanks again.
The Xonar Xense bundle sounds really good from what I have heard.