Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2007, 11:04 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Is Cambridge Soudworks related to Cambridge Audio? (whom, btw, I think make the BEST midrange AVR for music lovers who happen to watch movies.)

No, i dont think, so one [audio]is a uk based company and soundworks is american based in
Massachusetts, i will double check

Old November 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Heh someone who knows their stuff.

Don't a lot of concert halls and events use analog signals to get louder and more clear sound or something along those lines compared to digital which can become more easily distorted?
I'm not going to get into the digial vs. analog debate, but digital doesn't "become distorted" ... It sends pulses of electricity or light (the electricity/light representing 1s, no electricity/light representing 0s) from point A to point B and the receiver then processes it and converts it to an analog signal.

An analog signal is amplified coming from the source and is then amplified further by the receiver/amplifier. A digial signal receives no amplification prior to the receiver and, thus, will usually require a higher volume/gain level to obtain the same volume and with that comes an increased noise (hiss) level.
Old November 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
Allstar

I ubject!, A digital signal will not pass through as many gain stages and other circuitry before it gets to the amp stage. There are less places for EMI and RFI to be introduced It will be and it noted as being a cleaner, clearer signal, depending of course on the circuit designs and the gear in questions.