Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2010, 02:43 PM
MVP

Default Question about making my front panel connectors work

Hello, I have the Asus Xonar DX sound card and I am trying to make my front panel connectors work for my headphones. I thought that since this site did a review on the card someone here should be pretty familar with how to get it working.

I installed the card, plugged in the power cord it needs, and also plugged in the front panel connector HD audio on the side close to the PCI shield. I made real sure it is seated properly.

When I plug my speakers in the back, I was to understand that I could plug my headphones in the front and my speakers would automatically cut out and switch to the headphones. When I plug my headphones in, the speakers just keep playing and nothing happens with my headphones. Is there a setting in the software for this? I tried looking but I didn't see anything.

Cheers.
Old April 26, 2010, 06:13 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
Hello, I have the Asus Xonar DX sound card and I am trying to make my front panel connectors work for my headphones. I thought that since this site did a review on the card someone here should be pretty familar with how to get it working.

I installed the card, plugged in the power cord it needs, and also plugged in the front panel connector HD audio on the side close to the PCI shield. I made real sure it is seated properly.

When I plug my speakers in the back, I was to understand that I could plug my headphones in the front and my speakers would automatically cut out and switch to the headphones. When I plug my headphones in, the speakers just keep playing and nothing happens with my headphones. Is there a setting in the software for this? I tried looking but I didn't see anything.

Cheers.
IN the cards driver settings, you have the settings for speaker config, you can select headphones, 2.0,5.1..etc. In that same drop down list there are setting that have "FP" in front such as:
FP Headphones, FP speakers. This enables your front panel headphones output.
Hope this helps.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:15 PM
MVP

Thank you.