Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2010, 11:04 AM
Top Prospect

Default How to achieve better quality recording (MIC)

Hey.

So for reference, I use Onboard HD audio and a Plantronics Gamecom 367 (or 377, not sure. Mic is the same though) when recording youtube videos, and I always have to 'remove noise' from the audio so that there is no background 'hissing' while I have my mic open. My friend recently purchased a videocard, the Auzentech... something, at about $100 and he has the same headset and gets no noise during vent anymore.

Not sure, but we both believe it is due to the pre-amp feature on the card that goes to the mic port.

Here's the question. Is it possible to buy something that I can plug into the mic port, and then maybe plug into the wall or something and then into the headset mic jack, and then achieve similar results? (no noise.)

Or is a soundcard like his my best option for this. I wanted to know since I don't really want to take up another PCI slot.

PS. I know that a USB mic will help in this situation, but I always get some problems with USB headsets so I'd like to ignore that solution for now. (Unless it's a USB adapter, let me know.)
Old April 26, 2010, 06:07 AM
Allstar

I just suggest buying a add-in soundcard. It will have better sound quality for both recording and playback.
You don't have to spend alot just buy something used...