Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2008, 04:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I can vouch about S750, and having come out of onboard -> Audigy 1 -> X-fi Xtrememusic, I will positively say that you should get a dedicated card with 7.1 analog for something like this, or get digital coax capable card and dole out for a receiver and hook up to a true home theater set.

The performance of the S750 on onboard or Audigy 1 (being rather mediocre for music as a 5.1 card) was not stellar and the stereo system is very unforgiving. I noticed a very massive jump in audio quality personally
going to x-fi. I think that the Auzentech cards will outperform the Creative X-fi save Elite Pro in terms of listening, while there is not much difference with Audigy 2 ZS and X-fi due over the music playback department.

Whatever it is, do not live with onboard if you plan to spend money on 7.1 or a very good set of 5.1 (Z-5500, Ultra 5.1 or S5.1).