Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2006, 06:47 PM
Top Prospect

Default Just recieved my Shure E4Gs!

Wow! These things are a great set of IEMs. Coming from some Etymotic ER-6i's there's quite a difference in soundstage and low frequency development, things that I missed on the 6's are now quite apparent in the track with the Shures. Not to say I didn't like my Ety's; in fact I prefer them still for anything acoustic - their drivers are perfectly tuned to get the most out of any brighter songs.

But alas, the wires wore down after almost daily use for two years - 20min. walk to school everyday took its toll eventually. Now I just need to find the best fitting ends for the Shures... I'm still used to the ER-6i I think.

Anyways, a great addition to anyone's portable music set-up. Going from any OEM earbuds to a nice set of IEM's is an incredible difference and a worthwhile upgrade for anyone looking to enjoy their music at a different level IMHO. Not to mention sitting on the bus and hearing nothing but music is great! :D
Old December 15, 2006, 10:35 PM
Top Prospect

seems like I can only use the foamies, all the other tips fall out of my ears.

good isolation though, I'm happily using them everyday and the bus ride is definitely more manageable when I can't hear the odd conversations
Old March 12, 2007, 05:02 PM
Top Prospect

IMO, they are really overpriced. I'm not saying that they're BAD, but the UE Super.Fi 5 Pros are just as good, and much cheaper. Enjoy your E4's!