Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
Rookie

Default what is the best audio system for pc under 100$

what is the best audio system for pc under 100$ CAD.
Old March 19, 2010, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

logitech,edifier are some good ones
Old March 21, 2010, 02:53 PM
Top Prospect

What do you mean? Like speakers, headphones, amps, dacs?

If DAC/amp, I recommend the Nuforce uDAC...AMAZING value for money.
Old April 11, 2010, 12:10 AM
Rookie

Bit of a thread resurrection here, but for music I don't think you can beat a used set of decent bookshelf speakers and a cheap used amp. I went from decent Altec-Lansing 5.1 PC speakers to Paradigm Atoms, and the difference is stunning. Might be a little tough to get both for $100, but between craigslist, garage sales and pawnshops it's possible.

Another way to go would be a decent pair of headphones, which I think give better bang-for-buck, price wise. I have Sennheiser 555's (slightly over $100 when on sale), which are amazing for the money. On another thread, someone mentioned getting some refurb'd 'phones for around $65.

Hope this helps.
Old April 11, 2010, 05:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoalie View Post
Bit of a thread resurrection here, but for music I don't think you can beat a used set of decent bookshelf speakers and a cheap used amp. I went from decent Altec-Lansing 5.1 PC speakers to Paradigm Atoms, and the difference is stunning. Might be a little tough to get both for $100, but between craigslist, garage sales and pawnshops it's possible.

Another way to go would be a decent pair of headphones, which I think give better bang-for-buck, price wise. I have Sennheiser 555's (slightly over $100 when on sale), which are amazing for the money. On another thread, someone mentioned getting some refurb'd 'phones for around $65.

Hope this helps.
Agreed on all counts. PC speaker systems are a major waste of money. I bought a flea-market Technics amp and speakers for under $100 and the sound difference is startling. I have had all of Logitech's top end sets and these just blow them out of the water.
Old April 13, 2010, 04:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Agreed on all counts. PC speaker systems are a major waste of money. I bought a flea-market Technics amp and speakers for under $100 and the sound difference is startling. I have had all of Logitech's top end sets and these just blow them out of the water.
Problems often lie between Source, amp, and speakers. In your case...you're measuring audio quality based upon...Logitech speakers

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W