Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2007, 10:09 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13
Red face Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio is not really a X-FI sound card

im current thinking of upgrading my sound, to a sound blaster x-fi xtreme audio from my current sound that build in to mobo a realtek alc883 chip


but i heard some real hoary story about this card, one is it not really a real x fi card, but a rework audigy se




now my question is this card any good, i seem some review from people that got it say it not, and keep away from it as it false label by creative


so just how good is this card any way



more info


Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio is not really a X-FI sound card
read this and it will explain
that one reason why d rive for this card can not be use on only X-FI card, as this one really is not in same class





Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Audigy SE ,They share the same chipset? Audigy SE (black PCB) is not X-Fi for sure, but how about this X-Fi Xtreme Audio (blue PCB)? It brings X-Fi name but without the X-Fi chip (it uses same chip with Audigy SE)? CA106 chip-- not a X-FI chip
real X-Fi chipset (, it’s CA20K1!): This is the “giant” processor with huge amount of transistors and outstanding processing power. The “old” chip doesn’t have such capability.
I think Creative shouldn’t trick the consumer by providing X-Fi logo on card which has no X-Fi chip inside. Yes perhaps they can emulate the X-Fi software to run on this old non X-Fi chip
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 7, 2007, 11:14 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfarmer View Post
im current thinking of upgrading my sound, to a sound blaster x-fi xtreme audio from my current sound that build in to mobo a realtek alc883 chip


but i heard some real hoary story about this card, one is it not really a real x fi card, but a rework audigy se




now my question is this card any good, i seem some review from people that got it say it not, and keep away from it as it false label by creative


so just how good is this card any way



more info


Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio is not really a X-FI sound card
read this and it will explain
that one reason why d rive for this card can not be use on only X-FI card, as this one really is not in same class





Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Audigy SE ,They share the same chipset? Audigy SE (black PCB) is not X-Fi for sure, but how about this X-Fi Xtreme Audio (blue PCB)? It brings X-Fi name but without the X-Fi chip (it uses same chip with Audigy SE)? CA106 chip-- not a X-FI chip
real X-Fi chipset (, it’s CA20K1!): This is the “giant” processor with huge amount of transistors and outstanding processing power. The “old” chip doesn’t have such capability.
I think Creative shouldn’t trick the consumer by providing X-Fi logo on card which has no X-Fi chip inside. Yes perhaps they can emulate the X-Fi software to run on this old non X-Fi chip
Just pick up a Auzentech X-Plosion you'll be much happier.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 8, 2007, 06:12 AM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,248

My System Specs

Default

Yeah defintly stay away from this card, I bought one to replace my Audigymp3+ and guess what after a few songs a couple of game and out came the "x-fi" and back in went the Audigy. X-fi sounded flat, had horrible SCP issuses and just plain sucked. I knew it wasnt a great card but for what I paid thought it might fit the bill, not even close.
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 8, 2007, 06:42 AM
Patriote's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,167
Default

Would that Auzentech X-Plosion be better than my X-FI Xtrememusic? And do they come with drivers that are actually better than the ones from SB?
__________________
• - Asus P8Z68-V PRO
• - Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
• - Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
• - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
• - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
• - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
• - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 8, 2007, 09:21 AM
Robscix's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 762
Default

The X-Audio has no TRUE 20KX DSP chip. It is a software based card. Most guys looking for a X-fi will avoid this card.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 9, 2007, 08:21 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13
Default update on my post

i send a email to creative and her what i got back

From: Creative Americas Customer Care


The X-Fi Xtreme Audio does have the X-Fi technology, but the chipset is different than the other cards. For the best experience I would recommend the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro Series. The X-Fi Xtreme Audio is still a high quality soundcard. Please contact us if you need any further assistance
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 10, 2007, 05:40 AM
Robscix's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 762
Default

Yeah, well that is customer care for you. The X-audio does not contain a 20 KX which is the X-fi processor. The card performs all features in software.

Perhaps this is why they suggest the X-gamer to you?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old October 10, 2007, 04:09 PM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,248

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfarmer View Post
The X-Fi Xtreme Audio is still a high quality soundcard.
No way I buy that statement after owning one.
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13
Default

well there first answer email i got back from creative was to short on answer for me so i send a other one
i ask them this

question::::
how can you say the The X-Fi Xtreme Audio has X-Fi technology when it the same chip as the Audigy SE CA106 chip--that sure is not a X-FI chip

the real X-Fi chipset (, it’s CA20K1 so how can you say it got X-Fi, just how does it have it, i like to know, please e xplan how it can have x-fi on a old out dated chip, that i like to know

what it is is a rework audigy se , at double the price


and here what i got back

From: "Creative Americas Customer Care" <CLI.Customerservice@customercare.creative.com>

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:27 Am
Thank you for reaching us at Creative Email Technical Support.
I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. I am sorry for the trouble
you having. I understand that you are wanting to know why it has the
same chipset as the Audigy but called the X-FI. The X-FI Audio dhas the
same features and uses the same technology as the all the X-FI cards do
even if it does not have the same chipset it still uses the X-FI
technology as all the XFI sound cards it is the entry level upgrade from
the onboard sound and as all the same features as our other X-FI cards.


I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.


If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with any
previous correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurate
service.



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2007, 08:19 AM
Robscix's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 762
Default

That is typical tech support. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you know this card is not a real X-fi. All the same features.....AFAIK, it does not contain EAX 5.0 -could be wrong.
I know for sure it doesn;t contain hardware support of EAX or OpenAL

Last edited by Robscix; October 11, 2007 at 08:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS X-Fi sound card yycraven Buy/Sell & Trade 6 February 24, 2008 07:50 PM
New Sound card Inik Audio 4 January 2, 2008 12:41 AM
Help picking a non Creative Sound Card. BALISTX Audio 1 November 12, 2007 09:46 AM
Value Creative sound cards get full Vista drivers Babrbarossa Press Releases & Tech News 2 July 6, 2007 09:51 AM
Any input on all the new sound card Creative just launched? Misoprostol Audio 5 March 30, 2007 12:59 AM