Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2010, 06:49 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Need some advice on a sound card.

Well, I've been reading about my PC 350 and learned that I can't get an M-Audio sound card.

Now I have to find a sound card that will give enough power to my headphones so I can get clarity with my mic and headphones, without breaking the bank. I am, however, lenient to get quality.

So, suggestions at various price points would be nice. I've been reading the threads on this but for my situation I'll be doing production with Adobe Audition 3.

Thanks in advance.
Old January 25, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the HT Omega Striker. Its a great card w/ front audio support. Speaking on Steam is very clear and i could hear more (footsteps) in CS1.6

-Plato
Old January 25, 2010, 07:52 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
I have the HT Omega Striker. Its a great card w/ front audio support. Speaking on Steam is very clear and i could hear more (footsteps) in CS1.6
Thanks, I was looking at this as well as an Asus Xonar and some of the lower end Auzentech sound cards as well.

What do I need to worry about as far as amplifying my headphones and powering the mic. As far as specs go I mean.
Old January 25, 2010, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Many people recommend the Asus Xonar DX.

I'm not sure about mics but i think the higher the DB on soundcard=better clarity.

-Plato
Old January 25, 2010, 08:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Im interested to about this as well, currently have a xonar d2x and will be pickin up pc350 soon. From what ive read its not so much what sound card, as just having one, as onboard cant provide enough power for them.
Old January 25, 2010, 10:10 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I'm definitely leaning towards the Xonar DX. I just want to hear some people's thoughts who have had experience or knowledge on recording with the PC 350. I imagine the DX will not disappoint. Beyond $100 is too much for anything that isn't M-Audio in my opinion, but unfortunately my Mic won't work with their system.
Old January 25, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Auzentech Forte has a dedicated headphone amplifier.
Old January 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Auzentech Forte has a dedicated headphone amplifier.
Thanks :). I was looking at the Forte and it appears to be the only one with headphone and mic amps respectively. Even compared to the STX. That's so expensive though :S. I just want to get the fullest from my headset for the price. I won't spend $50 to go from 96% to 100% though, know what I mean?
Old March 5, 2010, 02:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

OP What card did u buy finally? Please update ur experiences.