Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 23, 2010, 04:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default AuzenTech Bravura

Does anybody have any thoughts on the AuzenTech Bravura?

I already have a Xonar DX, but I wouldn't mind having something that's native PCI Express and doesn't rely on a PLX chip and require additional power. Also looks like it uses far better quality OAMPS and what not compared to my Xonar.

Alternatively, for those with PCI Express-based X-Fi cards, how are those? I imagine this is rather similar, but probably offers better audio quality.
And what about drivers in Windows 7 x64?
It'll be connected to my Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1s which use typical analog 3.5mm cables.
Old January 23, 2010, 06:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Now...I'm not audio expert but I doubt you will see much of a result, if any at all, going from your current audio card to the AuzenTech.

I would keep what you have and be happy with it....I'm sure the money you would spend on another card would be better sat in your pocket.
Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 790FX (MX-2 NB + SB)
2x2GB G.Skill Pi Black @ 900MHz 444-12
PNY "XLR8" 9800GX2 @ 704/2202/1760
Seagate 500GB + XP SP3
22" Acer P223w @ 1680x1050
Modded Lian Li PC-60F
SB Audigy 2 w/ Heatsink

Old January 24, 2010, 12:28 AM

My System Specs

Personally I am not impressed by the card at all. It uses lower quality DAC's than both the Forte and the Prelude. It uses the software-based X-Fi. The only thing going for it is all channel user replacable opamps.

IMO the best cards still are the Prelude for multichannel and the Essence ST/STX or the Forte for headphones.
Old January 24, 2010, 09:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Personally I am not impressed by the card at all. It uses lower quality DAC's than both the Forte and the Prelude. It uses the software-based X-Fi. The only thing going for it is all channel user replacable opamps.

IMO the best cards still are the Prelude for multichannel and the Essence ST/STX or the Forte for headphones.
Yeah I actually realized that after looking into it. Forte is alright, but I don't like that it's low-profile and thus uses a bulky serial port of sorts for all the speaker outputs. Prelude is PCI and I'm not going back there.

Guess I'll just stick to my Xonar DX for now. Not a big fan of having that floppy power cable there though.