Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Record Web radio

Hey guys, On CBC web radio there is an exclusive concert that will be here for a limited time. Last time I heard about it there wll be no CD or DVD on this show so I want to record it from web. I have tried Audacity but sound quality suck. Do you know guys any other way to record web radio??

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 12, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How bout Audacity from Speaker out to Mic In (to trick the program that you are using a mic to record stuff) and crank up the volume to earable levels...

-Plato
Old January 12, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

winamp and stream ripper is what i use and it works great not sure if it will do the quality that your looking for but it works for me
Winamp Media Player - MP3, Video, and Music Player - Winamp
Welcome to Streamripper
Old January 12, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
winamp and stream ripper is what i use and it works great not sure if it will do the quality that your looking for but it works for me
Winamp Media Player - MP3, Video, and Music Player - Winamp
Welcome to Streamripper

Do I only have to copy paste the link from CBC web radio in the ripper? This is what I understand for now.

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 12, 2010, 01:57 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
How bout Audacity from Speaker out to Mic In (to trick the program that you are using a mic to record stuff) and crank up the volume to earable levels...

Ya it's what I will try, but I will use the line in instead of the mic one.

You find a male to male wire, and you put one in the green and one in the blue.
Old January 12, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Ya it's what I will try, but I will use the line in instead of the mic one.

You find a male to male wire, and you put one in the green and one in the blue.

Will also give a try but MIC isn't the pink one?

Martin_metal_88

Old January 12, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

not too sure never use cbc radio can you not get the radio to play through winamp then just run the ripper. if you can't get it to play through winamp then i am not to sure
Old January 12, 2010, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok got it working all you have to do is load up the page you want to play then go to the bottom of the page you just opened copy the direct URL then open winamp under play hit open url and paste it there then hit play and away you go stream ripper works right through winamp. good luck. but it works
Old January 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh forgot then you can just save a play list so you can just double click it to open.
Old January 12, 2010, 04:27 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Will also give a try but MIC isn't the pink one?
put on your eye glass I said I will use the line in ( blue) in instead of the mic. , unless you are a pink type ...what is that concert; boy Georges " do you really want to hurt me...... do you really want to make me cry...... " you may be too young to remember it.

P.S. ( for the new member, don't worry , I always take a good occasion to stab Martin in the back with a knife )