Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2009, 01:45 PM
Rookie

Default Sound Card for Audio Technica AD700's

Hello I just found this forum and it seemed like an awesome place to ask you guys what sound card I just purchase for my AD700's I just bought. I have been looking online and it seems to me the main competition are the Asus Xonar, X-fi Music or Xtremegamer, or Auzentech Forte. I want to use them for mainly listening to Trance with a little bit of rock as well as gaming (mainly rts's). Also I was wondering where you guys generally buy such things. I was thinking Canada Computers or Amazon or something along those lines. Thanks in advance ToN.
Old December 1, 2009, 01:52 PM
Rookie

The Xonar is a good audio card for cheap. I had it but changed it. Right now I am using and Essence STX from Asus and it is better but also more expensive. You won't have EAX and stuff on that or not as good as creative.

I would chose the Forte or Essence STX. You can go on headfi.org as well to learn more, it is an audiophile community.
Old December 1, 2009, 01:57 PM
Rookie

Ok cool yeah i have done about 10 hours of reading on there before I finally chose my AD700's but I couldn't find as much info on sound card. Thanks for the recommendations. I will look closer into these 2 cards.

edit: I was basically wondering how much source I could get out of my audio technica's, what the economic buy was and the best value buy. I take it the xonar as the economic buy, the other 2 you recommended as the value buy.

Tags
ad700 , audio technica , headphones , sound card