Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2007, 09:34 AM
Rookie

Robscix,
in your review in step 7, installation and audio set up you said "There is also a third party Mode Changer application that changes automatically based on the applications you choose using profiles for example if you load a game it will switch to game mode etc. Very handy and is compatible with a little modification."

Could you ellaborate on the app and little modification needed to have the modes change automatically.

Thanks.
Old November 13, 2007, 11:25 AM
Allstar

In older version of the X-fi Mode changer you needed to change a file name to work with the Prelude. The author has since written a new version that works with the Prelude without changing anything. This application used to pull up the proper panels when you wanted it- not so with the newer driver or newer version. It will still change when you click on certain applications. Set up the application profiles.. It is a very handy application once it is setup properly..you can even use keyboard shortcuts.

X-FI Mode Changer

IF you have any trouble let me know and I will try and help out.
Old November 13, 2007, 03:00 PM
Rookie

IF you have any trouble let me know and I will try and help out.[/quote]

excellent, i may take you up on that. I just installed the card and hooked up to Z5500. Did have the signal coming across the optical cable, but after reading here i have disconnected and running on analog. patiently waiting for digital drivers from auzen.
thanks again.
Old November 14, 2007, 08:37 AM
Allstar

With those speakers, you will always have better sound using analog.
Old November 15, 2007, 11:29 AM
Rookie

Let me just say that I have just gone from onboard to this. Yes im using 2.1 still waiting for my special oder of z5500 to get in. But let me tell you something that I think. I read all the stuff saying that going from onboard to sound card and that the difference was phenomenal. I really didnt believe it. I thought people were just bragging so that they could put there point accross. So I plug it in and play a few songs I had planned on trying.

I confess I was wrong to ever doubt you people. Im listening to my music in a new way now.
Old November 15, 2007, 01:03 PM
Allstar

Glad your enjoying your card. There is a very noticble difference between a good add-in card and a onboard. It is usually very startling if you never heard a good card previously. Enjoy your new set-up.
Old November 16, 2007, 01:59 PM
Rookie

Just got the Z5500 into my house. I must say I always found excuses to not own a car....but OMG i needed a car. I had to call out my bro to bring my skateboard to carry this thing home. I mean I thought that 10 blocks was nothing to walk. In my head I thought it was all possible. 2 blocks and 20 minutes later I think otherwise. These things were heavy.

I got them installed. Analog connection. My mind is blow away. Words cannot describe it. This is AMAZING. If people woudnt have such a tendency against full caps this entire message would be in full caps because I am Dumbstruck this is above and beyond what I believed This is music as it should be heard, gaming as it should be played, movies as they should be watched.
Old November 16, 2007, 02:22 PM
Allstar

Yeah, they are a fairly hefty set. I would have told you not to walk with them. Don't crank them right away. Let them "burn-In" for a few days to a week. The sound will change as the speaker cores break-in...The sound will become warmer and the highs will become a bit more clear. The sound will just get better. Enjoy.
Old November 16, 2007, 02:25 PM
Rookie

BTW ive read that if you go past the max volume another bar appears for volume boost...my question is WHO reaches past the max??????? If I get mine past 30% I get ALOT of bitching from neighbours lol.
Old November 16, 2007, 02:29 PM
Allstar

Depends on the size of the room. For individuals a with large rooms etc...they could crank them up