Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Sound card help

I'm using a creative x-fi card. HERE. My problem is that i can't get the damn thing installed. it isn't recognized by my computer and when i try and install the drivers it says i dont have a creative product in my computer. I'm running xp 32 bit. Any ideas?
Old October 10, 2009, 08:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It could be like my card and is slightly off center for the expansion slot, I have to run mine without the screw in the slot so that it will stay plugged into the motherboard slot. There were times that I've taken it out/put it back in, and when I turned on my computer it wasn't in there...

So make sure it's plugged into the slot all the way...

And I hope you're smart enough to have turned off your computer when you installed it? If not.. there's your problem lol
Old October 10, 2009, 08:52 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, the computer was off when i installed it. i've doubled checked to see if it was seated properly already. no issues there. In my device manager i'm also seeing the big yellow question marks with "PCI Device".