Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Am I the only Psyko owner?

I can"t believe I am the only person using or having tried these new Headphones.I am terrible at writing reviews but surely someone else has something to say about these amazing cans.Nothing,and I mean Nothing has come even close to a more true surround sound than this technology provides. Has anyone checked the Psyko site? If so, what do you think?
Old October 9, 2009, 12:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Since when are they even out? Their site still says pre-order.
Old October 9, 2009, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ther are available through thier site.I would suggest callin them first as you should be able to negotiate a good price. I called,and found the people there super solid,and got them for $200.00. After trying and comparing to other 5.1 cans,I would gladly pay full price for them,They really are that good.I gave a half assed review and several related comments throughout this site. It is well worth visiting them.
Old October 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Since when are they even out? Their site still says pre-order.
I just chcked, At the top of the Purchase and Shipping page it says all pre orders have been shipped. New orders are shipped as you order It took about 5 days for mine.Fed Ex delivered but I think Purolator is faster. 5 days is not all that bad.
Old October 11, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm waiting for them to make it for consoles too. I'd like to use them on my PC and on my TV.
Old October 12, 2009, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I'm waiting for them to make it for consoles too. I'd like to use them on my PC and on my TV.
Have you tried these yet? I have never heard anything like these cans ever,and I have gone through many sets of 5.1 headphones.
Old October 12, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No I haven't tried them yet. I'd love to test them out first because I've never had 5.1 cans yet.
Old October 13, 2009, 07:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would like to see how these stack up against the Axpro True5.1's I have, they are the best 5.1 headphones to date but maybe the Psyko's do it better.
Coolermaster Cosmos II \\ Intel i5 2500K@4.8ghz \\ Gigabyte PA67 UD7\\ MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 SLI \\Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP \\ Seasonic Platinum 1000W \\ X-Fi Titanium HD \\ OCZ Vertez 3 120GB \\ RAID 0 Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA6G 64MB \\ Samsung 27" 3D LED Monitor \\ Logitech G5 \\ Logitech G-15 Keyboard \\ Logitech Z-5500 \\ Sennheiser 595 \\ Windows 7 x64
Old October 13, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Psyko owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED View Post
I would like to see how these stack up against the Axpro True5.1's I have, they are the best 5.1 headphones to date but maybe the Psyko's do it better.
I have a set of tritton Ax Pros and a set of Turtle Beach HPA2 phones that both came with the USB digital hardware so I can tell that yes indeed the Psykos do it much better.What I think we gamers want is to have a surround sound that one would find with a very good 5.1 Desk top system. Psyko engineering has done that. As I said in another post, the Psyko Headphones are like having a room on your head.Yes, with Tritton or Turtle Beach or any othe good surround sound, you can sense the sound of something behind you etc. The Psykos are absolute when hearin where something is comeing from.I cant begin to tell you how they do it but they do.Visit thier site and watch the video. The Man himself tells us how it is done. Good Luck.
Old October 13, 2009, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I forgot to mention the Customer Support. When I first recieved the cans I had issues with setup that I didnt know whether or not it was sound card, Windows 7 or whatever so i sent a report Via thier web site thinking I would get an e mail response with some instructions etc. To my surprise, not 15 minutes later my phone rang and sure enough it was the Psyko rep.We adjusted my sound system and that was that.Done. These guys dont fool around. Canadians eh? Take care.