My System Specs

p0wn'd
Old October 18, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head_Psyko View Post
Hi all,

Sorry, we are not offering any discounts. We only offered special discounts for special events and introductory offers.
I guess I got lucky, I ordered mine back in March and probably got an Introduction type of deal.I would pay $200.00 all day for these things.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 18, 2009, 10:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

these look good, i might have to sell my megalodons and buy a set of these. can you get them in a different color.
Old October 19, 2009, 05:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Good to know they are coming eventually. I`m just waiting for a couple of reviews that favor them over the True5.1`s and then I will purchase a pair :D
Coolermaster Cosmos II \\ Intel i5 2500K@4.8ghz \\ Gigabyte PA67 UD7\\ MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 SLI \\Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP \\ Seasonic Platinum 1000W \\ X-Fi Titanium HD \\ OCZ Vertez 3 120GB \\ RAID 0 Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA6G 64MB \\ Samsung 27" 3D LED Monitor \\ Logitech G5 \\ Logitech G-15 Keyboard \\ Logitech Z-5500 \\ Sennheiser 595 \\ Windows 7 x64
Old October 28, 2009, 02:18 PM
Rookie

Some more reviews:

Psyko Audio Labs Psyko 5.1 - ProductWiki unbiased product reviews

Seems like total price is definitely the pain point.
Old November 7, 2009, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I can't believe there are no others here that have the Psykos. I have read pros and cons from many of you with mostly negative comments. I have had mine for a while now,and the longer I used them,the better they seemed to get.I was playing Stalker SHOC with the O.L.2.2 and sound overhaul mod and when I was in the bar,I heard a lot of dialogue and radio transmissions etc. when I heard a voice behind me.The sound was so far behind that I thought it was my wife calling me from our bedroom across our hallway and directly behind.I swear on everything important to me! When I compared these cans to the Tritton AX Pro and Turtle Beach HPA2 cans, the Psyko was a huge winner. The Turtles came with splitter cables that allow running the head phones and your desk top or any other powered speakers at the same time.This let me quickly switch cans back and forth for immediate results on any difference in positional surround etc. These things may not work well for audiophiles enjoying music as much as gaming andthat is one of the cons for these.They are for Gaming only but thats what I bought them for in the first place.Another downfall for some would be the price.For $100.00 less,the Trittons are pretty darn good. For those of us that feel cost etc. is less an issue when wanting the best,the Psykos truly fit the bill.I am not married to Psyko so if any one is aware of a set as good or better I will buy them right now.I'm not being some kind of smart ass, I really will buy anything better. Thanks everyone.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 8, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey People, No one else here has a set? No one has ever tried these? Surely I'm not the only guy from this entire group that owns or at least tried these things. If anyone has tried them and knows of better cans,please let me know I sold my Trittons and am going to sell the Turtles and will sell the Psykos should there truly be a better set out there.I'm not too worried about price but I don't want to go crazy.
Old November 8, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Hey People, No one else here has a set? No one has ever tried these? Surely I'm not the only guy from this entire group that owns or at least tried these things. If anyone has tried them and knows of better cans,please let me know I sold my Trittons and am going to sell the Turtles and will sell the Psykos should there truly be a better set out there.I'm not too worried about price but I don't want to go crazy.
Slik, I suggest you just learn to accept the fact that nobody has them and they are currently out of their budget. Perhaps later someone will get them.

Cheers.
Old November 8, 2009, 10:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Slik, I suggest you just learn to accept the fact that nobody has them and they are currently out of their budget. Perhaps later someone will get them.

Cheers.
Are his questions bothering you? Wow, your comment sounds like your pretty annoyed.

I too have a hard time believing that absolutely no one else in this forum either owns, or at least has tried a set of Psyko headphones and has some comments about them.

I've tried Sliks Psykos and I think their pretty good! The biggest difference that I noticed between these and other headphones is the transition of sound from ear to ear when turning around in a game. You know how sometimes distinct noises can sort of "jump" from side to side? The Psykos don't seem to do that. The sound moves smoothly as you move in with in a game. I believe that has to do with the fact that each speaker is physically capable of delivering sound to each ear creating a true surround effect, rather then have software or logic hardware devices decide what sounds each ear should hear what with a conventional 5.1 headphone speaker setup which can almost never be perfect.
Old November 8, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It just seems that he's constantly dragging this issue on. He's said the same thing like four times already, and we get it: their sound is amazing. Let's move on and perhaps later on we'll see someone write a review. For another person's opinion.

It sounds like Slik is an undercover messenger from Psyko trying to promote these things. They've been promoted, now it's just up to the consumer.