Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2009, 03:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Wow. That would make me wonder what the heck kind of sales dept. they run.I dont mean to be a smatrt ass but are you sure you hit "submit" after typing your email? Don"t take that the wrong way,it does happen.

Sure I did hit submit. I can still see in my mailbox that it went out.
Old October 14, 2009, 09:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
Anyone else get the sense this whole topic is a sales shill?
Don't worry bud. Believe me, Slik has absolutely nothing to do with Psyko. He's just a consumer.

......... and just in case some of you are sceptical about Slik even having a pair of these things, I was at his house tonight so I took a picture to show everyone.

Last edited by Killswitch; October 16, 2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old October 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
Rookie

Default good questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED View Post
A little...

Look, I'm excited about these headphones as much as the next guy but if they're so damn good, revolutionary as we're told, then why are there no reviews on major hardware sites and why are they not in stock at online computer retailers who carry all the other 5.1 headphones.

I spent more than $200 on these headphones and I'm not going to spend another nickel for 5.1 headphones unless I know it will be for something better.
We are just starting the production of the Psyko 5.1 PC headphones. We satisfied the pre-orders with the first production units and have yet to send out units to most reviewers. Congrats to the adventurous folks that want to be the first to try them.

We sent one to Tom's Guide in July and you can read their review where they said:
"The best surround quality of all headsets, it provides excellent directional audio..."
"The first time we wore the Psyko 5.1's, sounds had us looking across the room."
"The Psyko 5.1 provides the best directional audio we've ever tested."
Psyko Audiolabs Psyko 5.1 : 5 Surround Sound Headsets

In April 2009 Popular Science named Psyko Headphones as 1 of 12 Must-Have Products for 2009.

About why we aren't in the retail shops yet - it takes time to set up the distribution.
I know you'll be seeing way more about Psyko.

In the meantime we are glad to answer any questions - here or at our info@psykoaudio.com address.
Old October 14, 2009, 11:51 PM
Rookie

Default no response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nossy View Post
I had two simple questions: when can they ship, and would they be willing to give a discount when I order more than one set. No response.
Sorry we didn't respond. If that happens please resend. Pat and I share the questions. We don't have any excuse for not answering. We are a small company and customer support is not outsourced - it is the folks at the desks and in the labs designing and shipping headphones.

We are shipping now (within 2 business days of each order). We caught up with the pre-orders.

Yes we can do something for orders of more than one. Drop us a line at info@psykoaudio.com
Old October 14, 2009, 11:59 PM
Rookie

Default Psyko for consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I'm waiting for them to make it for consoles too. I'd like to use them on my PC and on my TV.
We are working on a console version. BUT! for now ... if you have an AX pro or AX 360 you can use their little blue box as an optical out Dolby Digital decoder and plug the Psyko amp into that decoder box. It's that easy.
Old October 15, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Am I ever glad that Psyko responded. I was starting to feel somehow guilty of something.Know what I mean? At any rate, they are confirmed to be availablle so, to those that get them, I say Enjoy!
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 16, 2009, 07:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head_Psyko View Post
Sorry we didn't respond. If that happens please resend. Pat and I share the questions. We don't have any excuse for not answering. We are a small company and customer support is not outsourced - it is the folks at the desks and in the labs designing and shipping headphones.

We are shipping now (within 2 business days of each order). We caught up with the pre-orders.

Yes we can do something for orders of more than one. Drop us a line at info@psykoaudio.com

OK, thanks, I will resend the message immediately right now.
Old October 17, 2009, 03:33 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If Psyko offered some kind of coupon or rebate for HWC members, i would be all over them.
Old October 17, 2009, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
If Psyko offered some kind of coupon or rebate for HWC members, i would be all over them.
Hi Technokat,.. I am sure that if you gave them a call,you can negotiate a far better deal.I don't mean you have to Horse Trade, just call. You never know who will answer the phone. When I called, it was the Ptoject Manager Pat McGinn answering phones at that time and I did indeed get a better price. $200.00cdn. plus shipping. Talk to them,. Who knows? If you do call, please let me know if you get a chance.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old October 17, 2009, 12:09 PM
Rookie

Default Psyko Discounts

Hi all,

Sorry, we are not offering any discounts. We only offered special discounts for special events and introductory offers.