Old October 6, 2009, 01:12 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Default Onkyo HT-S3200

Anybody have this system? Comments?
Old October 8, 2009, 09:45 AM
Top Prospect

I bought my aunt the HT-S5100 a while back and she loves it. The sound is amazing for the price and it's a lot more user friendly than my Denon at home (but I'm convinced that Denon is manufactured by aliens because of its unintuitive-ness).

The only hitch with the 5100 - and I'd imagine it would be the same for the 3200 - is that it only does video pass-through over HMDI. That is, you'll need to use another audio input (coax or optical) if you're using HMDI. Not really a big deal, but something to keep in mind.
Old October 9, 2009, 12:59 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the reply. The pass through thing seems to be the only real fault I found on my search, and it's no biggy, I'd use the optical output from my TV anyway.
Old December 8, 2009, 08:38 AM
Top Prospect

Hey did you end up getting this? I'm looking for a gift for Christmas and was wondering how it performed.
Old December 8, 2009, 09:10 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Not yet, it was going to be a Xmas present for myself, but I wound up buying a 5850, probably be a birthday present now.
Old December 9, 2009, 08:42 AM
HaDeS

bang for buck they make great recievers. Audio passes through just fine on mine if you configure it correctly.