Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep they come with high q micI saw coupons on thier site Psyko Audio. Honest,its worth the timr to check that site.Those guys do not fool around.I thought I had issues so I sent them a note right on thier site anticipating an e mail response whenever. To my surprise they phoned me not more than ten min. later,All questions were properly answered.If you call them direct you could no doubt negotiate a far better price.they are very good people with a very good product, And no, I have no vested interest in Psyko other than being pleased with thier product and thier service.Check them out.
Old October 5, 2009, 04:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Okay Ladies and Gents,I finally got everything on my Comp. running. I must tell you that these Psyko cans perform exactly as advertised.It is like having a room on your head.Positional effects are absolute.No doubt where and from what direction sound is coming from.The Psyko cans are fairly big. About the same size and fit as Tritton. Once you have them on,they feel almost tailor made. The Tritton cans feel the same once on. Turtle Beach are looser fitting but they too are pretty comfortable. Out of all my Headphones ,in my opinion,the Psyko provide the better quality of sound with Tritton coming second and Turtle Beach third.Our friend Encorp makes mention of a lack of spacial spread. I find that on my system,they sound almost too spacial. When playing games usin other headphones be they 5.1 or stereo,the sound is much closer if you know what I mean. They lack the spread or the spacial sond enjoyed from good desk top speakers that encorp talked about.This is demanded by serious Gamers.Psyko has somehow accommodated that preference with thier amazing technology that,in my opinion,should be followed with Psyko building a sound card with equal forward design thinking.This is a Canadian company.They are built in Canada.The support is Canadian.The profit they make is spread around Canada. Oh Canada! How they work in theory can best be explained by Psyko themselves.The big concern however,is the price.Are they worth $300? We pay that for good desk tops.While there is no doubt other cans work fine, what with CMSS,Dolby etc.,there is no substitute for having the best and in my opinion these are.Take the time to visit thier site.There are coupons available. I paid only $200cdn for mine.I know i forgot a lot of pertinent info as I was excited and wanted to get back to all of you quickly, There is truly a lot more to know about Psyko so its well worth a visit. By the way,I am using my Auzentech Prelude in my XPS 730X,i7965Extreme factory O.C,GTX280 Video in SLI 6gigs ram and a X58 mb Windows 7 Utimateetc. I look forward to talking with all of you so feel free.This is a great community.Take care.

That seems really great! Still I find 300 USD a bit too much. Where can one find the coupons? I have been searching all over the Internet, and only found out of date coupons :(
Old October 6, 2009, 05:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just checked Psyko site and coupons were no longer available. Dont know where they went. You can buy the cans and if not satisfied within 15 days, return for full refund.
Old October 6, 2009, 12:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I just checked Psyko site and coupons were no longer available. Dont know where they went. You can buy the cans and if not satisfied within 15 days, return for full refund.

Well, yeah. But that is very relative. If they ship to Belgium, I'm sure I will have to pay a lot of money taxes. Would like to buy two. Guess I'll wait a bit to see if they do something special with the holidays. I also got an Auzentech Prelude, so that would be a good fit :)