Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 29, 2009, 09:17 AM
Rookie

Default Auzentech X-FI Home Theater HD - First Video Demo

The worlds first live review of the product is out. It is the most awesome sound card built thus far. I was invited to show the product before any major retailer or company. As my home theater business is growing this will now become the emphasis on our business. The PC as a True media center. There is NO other device that compares to a PC as a blue Ray media player that handles all forms of auio streams the way they are meant to be listened to. Many Blue ray player or PS3 which do not give you true hd sound, they decode sound files and downbsample to Dolby Digital or DTS.
Here is the live review, there are 3 videos I posted on youtube. 1 the unboxing, 2 the installation, 3 the demonstration. You will find the links in the More info section.
SEE BELOW

Last edited by Thesaintsrevenge; August 31, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old August 29, 2009, 09:18 AM
Rookie

Here is the live review, there are 3 videos I posted on youtube. 1 the unboxing, 2 the installation, 3 the demonstration. You will find the links in the More info section.
THESAINTSREVENGE

YouTube - x fi home theater hd sound card unboxing

2 the Install

YouTube - x fi home theater installation

the deomonstration

YouTube - x fi deomonstration
Old September 2, 2009, 06:47 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

These three videos have been moved here from another thread as I think many of you were missing out on a discussion about an interesting new product.

Please keep the discussion civil as there is quite a bit of good information in these videos. Pay close attention to what's said about the PS3 and HD audio as even I forgot about that.

Last edited by SKYMTL; September 2, 2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old September 3, 2009, 06:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think this device is waiting for WORKING software. Other than that, this product does look outstanding! I think we need more audio device reviews!
Old September 4, 2009, 09:49 AM
Rookie

The only draw back so far is that either Power DVD9 Ultra or the x-fi hometheater card will not play bd(blue-Ray) files stored on the hard drive in TRUE HD sound or DTS MA, it decodes and downsamples the files to Dolby digital or dts! This is definitely Something I'm going to work on over the weekend. My first thoughts are that it is a cyberlink power DVD9 issue. And of course like someone else posted I like total media player too and I wonder why the codec only works with power DVD 9?
Just some thoughts.
Old September 4, 2009, 09:28 PM
Allstar

You can actually get DTS HD-MA and Dolby TrueHD without this fancy card, so long as you decode it in software and output it over analog or as multichannel LPCM over HDMI. However, it's not the easiest thing to do, so this is a great plug-and-play way to go about it.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old September 4, 2009, 09:52 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_G View Post
You can actually get DTS HD-MA and Dolby TrueHD without this fancy card, so long as you decode it in software and output it over analog or as multichannel LPCM over HDMI. However, it's not the easiest thing to do, so this is a great plug-and-play way to go about it.
I am pretty sure this isn't possible unless you create a copy of the movie on your hdd. Otherwise the sound gets downsampled to 16-bit. Same thing goes with LPCM because ATI/Nvidia don't license the TrueHD/DTS-HD encryption keys. So it gets downsampled to 16-bit/~3000kbps.
Old September 5, 2009, 10:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i believe what he says about PS3 is incorrect as well. The new PS3 slim now supports hd audio. The ps3 chubby doesnt though, as he states.
Old September 6, 2009, 03:46 PM
Rookie

Anyone seen the Denon compatibility issue bulletin?
Auzentech Sound Card Announcements: Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

Seems they didn't test with one of the most popular Denon receiver out there, the 2809. Seems strange to me, they used so much time on testing too... grrr

update: wait it was spdif passthrough. Does that mean no DTS or DD AC3 support?

Last edited by DarkUltra; September 9, 2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old September 7, 2009, 12:04 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Great videos and great info, especially the PS3 bit. Always thought it could output HD sound because of the blu-ray function. Glad to hear the slim seems to have fixed that. Also glad to have yet another expert here at HWC welcome aboard SaintsRevenge.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg