Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2009, 06:09 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkUltra View Post
Anyone seen the Denon compatibility issue bulletin?
Auzentech Sound Card Announcements: Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

Seems they didn't test with one of the most popular Denon receiver out there, the 2809. Seems strange to me, they used so much time on testing too... Amazing.
Why anyone would use SPDIF w/ a $300 card really wasn't thinking in the first place.
Old September 17, 2009, 10:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Why anyone would use SPDIF w/ a $300 card really wasn't thinking in the first place.
Don't disregard features. If they claim something in the product spec, they are obliged to deliver. I have apreciated many "lesser" features of hardware I have bought.

anyway, it seems it is a problem with HD Audio after all, I got this email from Auzentech:

- We are aware of issues related to old Denon receivers which model would be XX08 or XX09, while models with XX10 (manufacturered in 2009 and +) would not have problems. Therefore, we are investigating, post in our site on our findings, solutions to this problem.
However, the issue does not relate to the uncompressed signal.
The noise issue occurred only when you pass-through the HD Audio format.

And their webpage is now updated with the following bulletin:

- According to support tickets placed by our customers, Denon AV Receivers manufactured in early 2008 or before may produce static during playback of high-definition bitstream audio via the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card.
Auzentech Sound Card Announcements: Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

Does this mean, DTS and DD over SPDIF, in addition to DTS HD Master and DD True HD over HDMI doesn't work?

Edit: OK they changed the first bulletin to high-definition bitstream audio. I clearly quoted them on a different forum

Support tickets placed by our customers indicate that Denon AV Receivers manufactured before 2008 may produce static during playback when receiving digital passthrough via SPDIF from the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card.
http://www.auzentech.com/site/compan...x-fi_homet.php

AVforum.no - Auzentech Home Theater 7.1 HDMI

Last edited by DarkUltra; September 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old October 8, 2009, 06:49 AM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesaintsrevenge View Post
The only draw back so far is that either Power DVD9 Ultra or the x-fi hometheater card will not play bd(blue-Ray) files stored on the hard drive in TRUE HD sound or DTS MA, it decodes and downsamples the files to Dolby digital or dts! This is definitely Something I'm going to work on over the weekend. My first thoughts are that it is a cyberlink power DVD9 issue. And of course like someone else posted I like total media player too and I wonder why the codec only works with power DVD 9?
Just some thoughts.
Any luck with this? Were you trying to play .m2ts files or from an iso? I'm interested in this card, but if you can't get HD Audio from a BD that you've copied to your hard drive, why would you purchase this card over a set-top BD player?
Old November 12, 2009, 10:00 AM
Rookie

Default Not worth it

This card is going to be completely useless now that the Radeon 5800 series does Dolby True HD passthrough.

I purchased my 5870 and it does the same thing as this product, while my Creative XFI titanium takes care of the other formats.

Instead of paying 300$ for this or the Asus version just spend 400$ on a Ati Radeon 5870 (king of videocards) and you can do the same while keeping your old soundcard for the other formats.

Then you have to shell out another 100$ for Powerdvd Ultra.

150$ dollars for a blue-ray reader or 280$ for a writer.

No software out there will play dolby true hd codecs from a video file. Can't wait for the x264 with true hd support.

Last edited by dctr_mas; November 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: update