Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2009, 09:37 PM
Top Prospect

Unhappy HEADSETS & SPEAKERS question

Hi,

I will soon be building myself a gaming rig and i wanted to get the best audio possible so i did some research and i had 1 concern.

I am buying the Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound speakers and i also am buying the TRITTON AXPRO 5.1 surround sound Headset.

What i want to know is how can i use BOTH of these. My sound card will be the Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer card, and the new EVGA Classified motherboard.

The mobo supports Optical S/PDIF and also supports 7.1 channels.

The case i am using is the Thermaltake VH6000BWS Armor+

What i want to know is whether i can use both of them, because sometimes my friends come over and we just chill, and that's when i can use the 5.1 speakers over the headsets. And when everyone is sleeping, i can use the headsets.

How can i make this happen? Can i plug the speakers into the "pass-through" on the processing unit for the headsets and connect the headsets using the 3.5mm jacks to my sound card or is there another way.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your time =)
Old August 12, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just switch out the plugs....
Old August 12, 2009, 09:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was kind of thinking that, just leave the case in such a way that it is relitivly easy to just unplu one and plug the other in. I think there are some switches out there though.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old August 12, 2009, 10:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If i am seeing things right off the of manufac's website for the headset, you may be able to hook them via USB (so you don't have to fiddle with the plugs) or if your mobo has optical you could hook it optical from pc to the head set.
Old August 13, 2009, 06:10 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
If i am seeing things right off the of manufac's website for the headset, you may be able to hook them via USB (so you don't have to fiddle with the plugs) or if your mobo has optical you could hook it optical from pc to the head set.
SO, i plug my speakers into my sound card (for 5.1 sound) and i plug my headsets into the optical S/PIDF port on my motherboard (and USB into front of my case for the mic)?
Old August 13, 2009, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well not really if they both have identical plugs just take out the speaker plugs and plug in the headset plugs. Do it any other way and the speakers AND headset will play.
Old August 13, 2009, 07:19 AM
Top Prospect

Ya but, i will have to take the plugs out and plug it back in every time i want to switch from my headsets to my speakers. It will be a pain in the b*tt
Old August 13, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well there isn't really a way to choose which one....
Old August 13, 2009, 08:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah there is Sushi_Warrior, as i was talking to Chintu92, if mobo has optical out (aka a spdif) he should use that for his audio out to his headset, use the USB as the microphone input, and use regular ol analog for his logitech speakers. Only thing you'll have to do Chintu92 with that set up is change the default sound device to whichever one you want to use at the time (which is relatively simple and easy with Vista and Win 7)
Old August 13, 2009, 08:24 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Yeah there is Sushi_Warrior, as i was talking to Chintu92, if mobo has optical out (aka a spdif) he should use that for his audio out to his headset, use the USB as the microphone input, and use regular ol analog for his logitech speakers. Only thing you'll have to do Chintu92 with that set up is change the default sound device to whichever one you want to use at the time (which is relatively simple and easy with Vista and Win 7)
Yes, that's what i had in mind but i was a little ify on that. But now, its all clear.

Just a quick question, should i build my rig using the Core i7 or wait til the Core i9 come out and the GT 300 series come out.

I don't if i can afford that though.

Tags
computer , headsets , question , sound card , speakers