Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13, 2009, 08:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't a clue when Core i9 is coming out, i think your best bet would be to go with a Core i7 since they've been out for a little while now, everything's stable with them, they are typically rock solid and overclock quite well. Also, most people don't even utilize the 4 cores (not to mention the extra 4 from hyper threading), for the much, much more money you'll be spending, can you honestly say you'll be utilizing all the cores in the Core i9 to make it worth that much? Save yourself a lot of money and go with a Core i7 build
Old August 13, 2009, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh OK the only problem there would be you're getting less than optimal sound from the onboard. I would say get the i7 8x0 series and wait for GT300, maybe buy a GTX260 for now.
Old August 13, 2009, 09:25 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I haven't a clue when Core i9 is coming out, i think your best bet would be to go with a Core i7 since they've been out for a little while now, everything's stable with them, they are typically rock solid and overclock quite well. Also, most people don't even utilize the 4 cores (not to mention the extra 4 from hyper threading), for the much, much more money you'll be spending, can you honestly say you'll be utilizing all the cores in the Core i9 to make it worth that much? Save yourself a lot of money and go with a Core i7 build
Well said. I will go with the Core i7 build.

Thanks, this really helped. I was in the middle of nowhere, one time wondering if i should wait for the i9 and then wondering if i should go ahead and build the i7.

Wait for the GT 300?...How much would those cards cost?

Old August 13, 2009, 11:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

would this work?
Niles Audio Corporation

Oops I forgot to post this this morning

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.

Tags
computer , headsets , question , sound card , speakers