Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10, 2009, 10:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Since you are also going to be watching movies as well, some auzentech cards have dolby features installed. I received my xplosion 7.1 today and will be putting it through it's paces with both pc and home theatre. I noticed an immediate difference from my audigy2 zs on my x540's.

Now to get my hands on a 20' toslink...

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old August 11, 2009, 09:12 AM
MVP

Noting beats a spoundblaster X-fi fatal1ty... Honestly had my pci one for a few years and I love it! Even came with a hand remote! The new pcie ones are nice to but it's really your choice! But deff check them out

Old August 11, 2009, 10:52 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
Noting beats a spoundblaster X-fi fatal1ty... Honestly had my pci one for a few years and I love it! Even came with a hand remote! The new pcie ones are nice to but it's really your choice! But deff check them out
Definitely can't agree with that. The Titanium is an ok card. But there are tons of cards that are better than it.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old August 11, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Definitely can't agree with that. The Titanium is an ok card. But there are tons of cards that are better than it.
do they support EAX 5.0 ? DO they support DirectSound to OpenAL (Alchemy) to run your old DS3D games in Vista and recover the hardware 3D sound ? Those are featuers specific to Creative.
Old August 11, 2009, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
do they support EAX 5.0 ? DO they support DirectSound to OpenAL (Alchemy) to run your old DS3D games in Vista and recover the hardware 3D sound ? Those are featuers specific to Creative.
Yet their drivers suck.
Old August 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Or cards using the Creative chipset, such as the offerings from Auzentech. There are also a few other cards that support the first couple levels of EAX, which can make a significant difference in itself.
Old August 11, 2009, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Some of the Auzentech cards support EAX. My xplosion cinema 7.1 supports EAX 2.0 for gaming surround.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old August 11, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
Quote:
Anything with the term "Fatality" in it is pure junk and paying way more for something that isn't needed.

EAX? Its so overrated and most people don't even have a decent enough setup to hear the difference.
Old August 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Anything with the term "Fatality" in it is pure junk and paying way more for something that isn't needed.

EAX? Its so overrated and most people don't even have a decent enough setup to hear the difference.
True - but I do and others do - I guess it is a matter of personal choice - opinions vary a lot on this topic - much with the infamous VIA chipset of way back - I've never had ANY crackling issues while others did - as to Creative I've never had ANY problems with their drivers - one thing for sure, I do see a hell of a difference between my old Audigy and my X-Fi Fatality Pro - better dacs, much much better MIDI soundfount playback (no more stupid 32mb sample limitation, etc.), X-RAM, EAX 5.0 and Alchemy to restore hardware 3D sound in VISTA for non OpenAL games, just this right there will make a huge damn difference when playing these games inside VISTA - even with a pair of headphones you will notice. The Cystalizer I thought it was a big gimmick, but I set it on and keep it at 75%, it does improve sound in games and movies and some MP3s, among other features like realtime effects, low latency asio support, etc.......
Old August 11, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
True - but I do and others do - I guess it is a matter of personal choice - opinions vary a lot on this topic - much with the infamous VIA chipset of way back - I've never had ANY crackling issues while others did - as to Creative I've never had ANY problems with their drivers - one thing for sure, I do see a hell of a difference between my old Audigy and my X-Fi Fatality Pro - better dacs, much much better MIDI soundfount playback (no more stupid 32mb sample limitation, etc.), X-RAM, EAX 5.0 and Alchemy to restore hardware 3D sound in VISTA for non OpenAL games, just this right there will make a huge damn difference when playing these games inside VISTA - even with a pair of headphones you will notice. The Cystalizer I thought it was a big gimmick, but I set it on and keep it at 75%, it does improve sound in games and movies and some MP3s, among other features like realtime effects, low latency asio support, etc.......
Why would you spend a ludicrous amount of money on a fatality badged card when you could spend less on a good auzentech?