Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2009, 01:14 AM
MVP

Default X-FI Fatal1ty with front pay (PCI)

im wondering if this is still a excellent sound card, as i got it when i nabbed my 3870 x2 fresh off the line, and thats a bit outdated...

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Old August 7, 2009, 05:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You mean front bay? If so, I have that card and it's great. Nothing new in the sound card industry lately. If you have it I would install it. Sound cards barely take any bandwidth on a PCI slot.

I actually don't even use the 5.25" addition. I like all the stuff coming from the back of the computer. I miss out on some features, but I don't need MIDI and Optical I/O.
Old August 7, 2009, 01:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
You mean front bay? If so, I have that card and it's great. Nothing new in the sound card industry lately. If you have it I would install it. Sound cards barely take any bandwidth on a PCI slot.

I actually don't even use the 5.25" addition. I like all the stuff coming from the back of the computer. I miss out on some features, but I don't need MIDI and Optical I/O.
oh heh, i like the front bay, and i need the optical, nice to know another person bought one of these before the age of the PCI-E sound card

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock