Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22, 2009, 07:42 PM
Allstar

Default Problem with volume control and media keys

This thread could have gone in many categories, chose this one because the major problem seems to be with volume control.

For a weird reason, my media keys on my G11 stopped working. The G-Keys are perfectly working, simple not the volume wheel and the other keys around it.

Same for my remote while watching tv/dvds, remote works well but cannot fast forward/ control volume.

This is pretty annoying, i'm always controlling my volume...

I changed nothing in my computer (software/hardware/drivers) for a good time, except those nice HD 555 since today (problem started before).

Google didn't help. Any ideas???

Old July 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
Allstar

Bump... anyone had such an experience?

Old July 24, 2009, 08:13 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

I use winamp and sometimes I have to go into the config panel and re-enable the global hotkeys to be able to use my next/play buttons. I would guess its the same thing with the other keys...there is probably an option in your sound control panel to enable, or disable the keys. Unfortunately I don't have a clue where that would be. Good luck!
Old July 24, 2009, 08:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Has to be something with the player you use IMO. Look through the options for hotkey settings.

If that fails, try reinstalling the Logitech software or switching USB ports so the keyboard get recognized again.
Old July 24, 2009, 12:25 PM
Allstar

It should be a OS problem, because it's not only on my logitech products that it happens. Neither with different sound settings. It media keys don't work with the g11 and the "media keys" with my mediagate remote don't work neither (play/pause/fast foward/volume control). However the other controls (number, arrows to use the media center work).

It doesn't work on any program, even for controlling volume on windows. I am really confused...

Old July 27, 2009, 03:07 PM
Allstar

Just to say i managed to fix it, more googling helped a lot. It was an OS issue and very easy to fix.

found my answer right here G15 Media Keys and mute button not working in windows 7 - G-Series Keyboards - Logitech Forums