Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2009, 09:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Speaker Recommendation

Hi

my dad doesn't like the stock speakers in the Logitech X240. He listens to mainly canto/mando pop music which consist of midrange and highs, while i on the other hand game and listen to pop music

I'm wondering which 2.0 speakers are the "best of the best" and "best bang for the buck". It must use a 3.5mm jack so i plug it to the X240 subwoofer.

Second question: Are there any place in GVR have specialty in selling speakers?

3rd Question: Can i use car speakers and hook them to a 3.5mm jack?

THX

-Plato
Old July 12, 2009, 09:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What's your budget, it'll allow us to know what we can suggest to you
Old July 12, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

maybe ~$100-$150

THX

-Plato
Old July 12, 2009, 10:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The best of the best would be using Digital PCM/Optical out to a stereo receiver with bookshelf speakers attached. This is above and beyond your budget.

Although, a hybrid of your existing system and the above mentioned works very.. VERY well!!!

I have a set of old Logitech's from WAY back Logitech Z640 and the speakers were ass (1.5" one way paper drivers). I still use the set today as a 2.1 system with Polk Audio bookshelf speakers instead (just splice the stock wires and you are done). The sub/amp is able to power the speakers perfectly and i am content to use this setup until the day they die.

Surprisingly, the Z640 only puts out 7.3 watts per channel, and the Polks are rated at 100W. Tho the Polks are high efficiency (like any home audio bookshelf speaker) and are built from the ground up to fill a room with sound.. not fill a desk like computer speakers are designed to do. So the sound is HUGE from this setup when you are sitting 2 feet away from these things.. and they fill the house when you crank the volume.

it works nice, simple to setup, and is cheap. Price out some bookshelf speakers from your local big box electronics store.. you should be able to find something decent in that price range.

Last edited by grinder; July 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old July 13, 2009, 06:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

which brand is better: Precision Audio, Infinity, or Polk Audio

how is this? Precision Acoustics 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (HD4)

THX

-Plato