Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2009, 05:31 PM
Top Prospect

Default Bad sound problem

When I bought my 750i FTW last week, second hand off a fella for $70, I was pretty excited. Sound has been 10x better than my old ASUS P5K. Earlier last week I went from XPx32 to Vistax32. A couple days later I had this problem where audio would go into a 1 second loop. What ever was happening would just keep playing OVER and OVER and OVER. Nothing I did would stop it. Closing programs didn't do anything. I noticed too that when this happened and when I tried to diagnose it, Firefox, WMP, and CS:S would crash when I loaded it. (Firefox crashed with videos, WMP with music and videos. CSS would just, well, crash lol)

So I figured I'd restart my PC. The sound was working wonderfully again. And 10 minutes later, it happened again. Even when I wasn't playing a thing, I couldn't open music or play videos or play CS:S.

So I tried to fix it by re-installing drivers. It didn't help, the same thing kept happening. So I finally got fed up with listening to Eminem screw up half way through a song. I reformatted to XP. Installed drivers, loaded some music on WMP and it was playing as good as it ever did! Then 10 minutes in, it happened . I was going off my head () and was ready to fire it out the window ().

Anyone know what this is? It isn't my speakers cause they work perfect with anything else like iPod or TV.

TIA
Old July 21, 2009, 11:15 AM
Top Prospect

Bumpy
Old July 21, 2009, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have never even heard of anything like this sorry.
Old July 21, 2009, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm curious, did you do a clean install of Vista32 or an upgrade.

I had an issue with sound after I upgraded my bios once on a M2N32SLI Deluxe 590SLI board I had to reflash to an earlier bios to solve the problem. You might consider checking EVGA's website for the most current or stable bios available for that board and try Vista again. Other than that I could completely wrong and your board is likely a culprit of the 7xx series video corruption bug, I am not entirely 100% sure if it was ever present in the 750i series as much as it was reported on the 780i series.

I would ask the person you purchased it from if he/she ever had any issues with the board similiar in nature.

EE
Old July 21, 2009, 01:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
I'm curious, did you do a clean install of Vista32 or an upgrade.

I had an issue with sound after I upgraded my bios once on a M2N32SLI Deluxe 590SLI board I had to reflash to an earlier bios to solve the problem. You might consider checking EVGA's website for the most current or stable bios available for that board and try Vista again. Other than that I could completely wrong and your board is likely a culprit of the 7xx series video corruption bug, I am not entirely 100% sure if it was ever present in the 750i series as much as it was reported on the 780i series.

I would ask the person you purchased it from if he/she ever had any issues with the board similiar in nature.

EE
It was a clean install.

Latest BIOS version.

He tells me that the only real problem he's had was temperature, but every board has that similar problem.

Surprisingly after another clean install of Vista 32bit, I have had no problems. Only difference in this time I didn't install k-lite codec pack yet. I also use the program SRS Audio Sandbox. That isn't installed yet.

Edit: Another note: I recently had a problem with my stereo system. The control piece was becoming nonfunctional. The green connector didn't work for a bit, so I requested Edifier to replace it, they sent me a brand new one for free. It's been working ever since.

Last edited by m0pelley99; July 21, 2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old July 21, 2009, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Install each piece of software separately you'll be able to pin down which one might be causing a problem. If either one doesn't cause an issue, install them both could have been a software conflict then.

EE
Old July 21, 2009, 03:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I wouldn't recommend you use the K lite Codec Pack at all ... VLC + FFDShow + Quicktime/Realplayer Alternative = All you need.
Old July 21, 2009, 03:35 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Could there be any drivers that are conflicting?
Old July 21, 2009, 04:39 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by acameron56 View Post
Could there be any drivers that are conflicting?
As far as I know there isn't any audio drivers for my motherboard...
Old July 21, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I wouldn't recommend you use the K lite Codec Pack at all ... VLC + FFDShow + Quicktime/Realplayer Alternative = All you need.
for sure sir. +1 to that