Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2009, 02:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default New headset...maybe?

Looking for a new headset hopefully. I'm looking for something that'd be 5.1 or 7.1 sound and excellent sound quality. Anything under $200 would be nice. I've tried looking around and found some ideas but still suggestions from other people is always better.
Old June 5, 2009, 12:43 AM
Allstar

Are you going to use these for music or gaming, or both?
Old June 5, 2009, 12:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
Looking for a new headset hopefully. I'm looking for something that'd be 5.1 or 7.1 sound and excellent sound quality. Anything under $200 would be nice. I've tried looking around and found some ideas but still suggestions from other people is always better.
I think you're asking a little much when you say that. It's kinda one or the other...
Old June 5, 2009, 12:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Will be more for gaming than anything else, I prefer music through speakers. That's not to say it won't be used for music though. I just want full surround sound for games to hear where things are better.
Old June 5, 2009, 01:58 AM
Allstar

I'd say that you should go with the Audio Technica A700's or the Sennheiser HD555's paired with a Zalman mic clip (depending on if you want isolation or not).

You can get the headphones for ~$90.00 shipped if you buy used online (cheaper in some cases), and the mic over here: NCIX.com - Buy Zalman ZM-MIC 1 Microphone - ZM-MIC1 In Canada.
Old June 5, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
I'd say that you should go with the Audio Technica A700's or the Sennheiser HD555's paired with a Zalman mic clip (depending on if you want isolation or not).

You can get the headphones for ~$90.00 shipped if you buy used online (cheaper in some cases), and the mic over here: NCIX.com - Buy Zalman ZM-MIC 1 Microphone - ZM-MIC1 In Canada.
I also have a USB mic that works quite well I could use instead, believe it's logitech. Where does the Zalman clip on to? I like the looks of the Sennheisers, as I wear glasses on the computer I want something that will completely cover my ears so the headset isn't pushing on my ears onto the glasses.
Old June 5, 2009, 01:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

the HD555's are not 5.1 or 7.1 but.. i had 5.1 turtle beach earforce x-52 and they are terrible compared to the 555's. i play cod4 and you have great directional sound with the 555's, i can hear people running on the other side of the map, lol.

Old June 5, 2009, 01:47 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
I also have a USB mic that works quite well I could use instead, believe it's logitech. Where does the Zalman clip on to? I like the looks of the Sennheisers, as I wear glasses on the computer I want something that will completely cover my ears so the headset isn't pushing on my ears onto the glasses.
I believe the Zalman clips onto the headphone cable, although, I don't know how the HD555's will pair up with glasses though.
Old June 5, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you wanna fork over some real dough then I would wait for these (and a review, of course).

Psyko Audio Labs, Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headphones - Home
Old June 5, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have a pair of Sennheiser PC 161's I've been meaning to sell but hadn't gotten around to it. I already have a pair and they're the best sounding headset I've come across. Of course, I like to use my Denon D2000's, Sennheiser HD650's, and Audio-Technica ATH-AD900's for music, but I also have a few grand in separate audio equipment for that. Plus, none of those have a mic. I'll definitely be putting them up for sale this weekend now that I'm reminded about them, but forward me a PM if you're interested.