Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
try your local stores, and find the klipsch promedia 2.1, they used to have them at london drugs for $99.99

those will be the best 2.1 speakers available for $100
But remember that the sound in a store is nothing of that of which you'll experience at home.
Old June 20, 2009, 02:31 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
But remember that the sound in a store is nothing of that of which you'll experience at home.
Actually, most computer speaker setups are near-field, which means what you hear is largely unaffected by the room acoustics. If you setup a system in a small room (in a semi decent location) you will see some extra bass output and extension, but over all it should be fairly comparable.

I just bought some Mackie MR5 studio monitors for my bedroom setup. Way out of your price range, but if you really care about SQ, you need real speakers, with separate tweeters, good crossovers, and proper cabinets. I have owned both the Z-2200, X-230(great speakers for the price), and have experience with many others.

What genre's of music will you be playing with these? Will you be using them for movies? How large is the room they will be in? Need this information.

Sheep
Old June 20, 2009, 03:42 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I got a new pair of the Z-2300's at Factory Direct for $99. You might be able to find a pair for that price there.

I got the same deal at Staples about a year ago. Great speakers and Sub. I love them.