LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2009, 05:49 PM
Top Prospect

Do these need power from a wall outlet?
Old April 17, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yes they do.. since they don't use batteries, that seems the only probable answer to actually power these things.

From the site "in the box"

One wall power converter with plug for North America power outlets
Old May 26, 2009, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey guys, I just received an email from Psyko about their headphones:

Quote:
Dear Valued Psyko's

We would like to take this opportunity to update you on the status of our Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset System.

First we'd like to thank all of you who visited us at the CES (Computer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas in January and the GDC (Game Developers Conference) in March. We would also like to thank those individuals and groups who have helped Psyko by participating in beta testing and product reviews.

We listened carefully to your feedback at tradeshows as well as your on-line comments and have made some exciting fidelity enhancements as a result. Unfortunately, these changes have pushed our anticipated launch date back by about 8 weeks. We had originally announced that we would be shipping in mid-April. We are now anticipating a June shipping date. We hope the new improvements will be worth the short additional wait.

Thank you again for your interest and support, and we’ll keep you posted on our progress and shipping timeline as we approach our official launch date.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding Psyko Audio, the Psyko 5.1 PC Gaming Headset System, or our plans for release, please contact us at info@psykoaudio.com.

Stay Psyko!

James Hildebrandt
'Head Psyko'
Psyko Audio Labs.
So, there you have it. Another hold up due to some improvements. I hope those are worth it. Any idea what they were? And I've yet to get my frequency response question answered. Oh well. There you go guys, more info on the most innovative 5.1 headphones around!
Old May 26, 2009, 06:42 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Hey guys, I just received an email from Psyko about their headphones:

So, there you have it. Another hold up due to some improvements. I hope those are worth it. Any idea what they were? And I've yet to get my frequency response question answered. Oh well. There you go guys, more info on the most innovative 5.1 headphones around!
Very interesting, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, didn't get answers to any of my questions either, but I don't think Psyko is really catering to the head-fi sort of crowd. I am still going to try these out when I get a chance, just to see if they live up to the hype. As I mentioned previously, I'm not expecting much sound-wise, but I'm hoping they actually do perform as-advertised when it comes to positional audio.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old May 30, 2009, 08:04 AM
MVP

Hurry up already

RIP Kiwi - Oct 19th/05 - April 18th/11, you will always be our puppy!
Old August 5, 2009, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Any word from these guys? They've definitely gone silent for quite a while now...

When do these things go on sale?
Old August 5, 2009, 11:43 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

None of my emails have been answered in the last few months...
Old August 5, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I've emailed them too but I haven't received a response whatsoever. They need a blog or something. Did you by chance PM him on here?
Old August 5, 2009, 11:51 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I had a direct email addres to the owner. I'll try the PR firm again.
Old August 5, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks a ton SKYMTL!

EDIT: Seems the latest information on these cans is a review of the prototype from Tom's Hardware, released on July 29, 2009.

Psyko Audiolabs Psyko 5.1 : 5 Surround Sound Headsets

Last edited by bojangles; August 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM.